You doing' are so bad that I got a butthurt

This forum is for general chat between members about Mageia.

Technical questions are supposed to be posted in support forums. Not here !

You doing' are so bad that I got a butthurt

Postby Bazil » Oct 4th, '18, 21:45

Really, EDGE-IT and Co, why so damn simple bugs can't be fixed RIGHT NOW, I talks about KDE mostly.
I'm old Mandriva user, which was a employer of Mandriva Russia back than, and now I just can't use the system because of it looks and feels like a schoolboy LiveCD of cracked Fedora Core 3. Damn ugly themes and colors, gigantic fonts in Firefox(which is not even pre-configured, but just BUILT FROM SOURCES). Mandrake was a great system for it's times, but MCC
is f%%ucken stone age old and could be not ported to even such a simple framework as QT. Gael was genius BTW. Why so horrify wallpapers as default? Did you seen modern distros such as Zorin, Manjaro, elementary? They looks like a beautiful flowers, while mageia 6 as Windows95 with compositing(default KDE from Neon project looks better).

There is over ninth thousands bugs in your bugzilla, and some of them are from 2015!!! 2015, Carl!! It was like a FKIN three years ago! Yes now you can't sell PowerPacks for gold, but if things goes so bad why you still living agghh, just say we are dead Jim and don't push suffer to your users. Or find a great sponsor in French gov, do something as I do with my bugreports(which is still OPENED). Do you remember how many release feature requests was planned for Mageia 6, and which of them was actually implemented? LIke a half.

Of course you can say bwabwabwa, use other Linux if you are such a weak person ha-ha, but as I remember Mandriva/Mageia was distro for SIMPLE PEOPLE like I'm.

Really do something, or year later you willn't find Mageia in Distrowatch list. Do you really use mageia 6 as your main and only desktop system nowadays, or just build it for plebs from your Virtual Machines?!

It was a great community back than, was very fun and productive to talk and work with team. Return my system to TOP3 PLZ.
Bazil

Re: You doing' are so bad that I got a butthurt

Postby filip » Oct 4th, '18, 23:09

In my opinion and experiance Mageia is still great distro AND community. So I have a question for you. How do you intend to help? You don't need to be hard core kernel developer to participate as there are many different tasks to do and it seems you know many of them well.
filip

Postby morgano » Oct 5th, '18, 10:53

Regarding visual design i see your only post earlier was about this too. Please join the artwork group and put effort on your ideas there. Personally i like it as it is, except i have changed the KDE default Plasma desktop background to a smooth dim white-beige.

Same for MCC. I like it, and command line, and got comparatively frustrated on both Ubuntu, Mint, and Microsoft systems where you really have to work much harder to do some settings.

I am a long time Mandriva/Mageia user, like it a lot and participate some on QA i return.

So yes if you really do care: really YOU do something too :)
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Postby martinw » Oct 6th, '18, 12:28

Bazil wrote:Really, EDGE-IT and Co, why so damn simple bugs can't be fixed RIGHT NOW

Edge-IT was liquidated in 2010, so it's unlikely they will be fixing any bugs.
You do realise this is the Mageia forum, don't you...
martinw

so bad that I got butthurt

Postby mmm » Jul 18th, '19, 13:13

Bazil wrote: Firefox(which is not even pre-configured, but just BUILT FROM SOURCES). modern distros such as , Manjaro, ? They looks like a beautiful flowers, while mageia 6 .

dude the Manja guys ship with 100% crap defaults on most apps includíng dolphin + firefox. they suqq just as much! :evil: :twisted: :evil:
mmm

Postby doktor5000 » Jul 19th, '19, 00:33

Please don't necro-bump, last reply in this thread was 9 months ago.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby mmm » Jul 19th, '19, 12:35

well it seems that a whole lot of posts here are very old. its kinda hard to avoid those... and the issue above is still quite topical and current.
mmm

Postby doktor5000 » Jul 20th, '19, 23:13

What particular issue above - Manjaro default settings for dolphin + firefox?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to General discussions about Mageia