[solved] nvidia gtx 750ti

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

[solved] nvidia gtx 750ti

Postby pierreleonard » Oct 5th, '14, 09:08

Hi,

I have tried that new grapic card with the 3.15 and 3.16 kernel and the nvidia driver. But the modules could not be exec.

could you delivers in the mageia 5 release a compatible kernel/nvidia-drivers ?

I thank you in advance.

Sincerely.

Pierre Léonard
Last edited by pierreleonard on Nov 23rd, '14, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
pierreleonard

Re: nvidia gtx 750ti

Postby doktor5000 » Oct 5th, '14, 15:22

It would be helpful if you could provide some basic details. What kernel did you use exactly, why not some recent one like 3.17? What nvidia packages did you use? Did you use the packages from Mageia repositories, or did you use the nvidia installer from nvidia homepage? Also, what exactly does this mean "the modules could not be exec" ?
Could the modules not be compiled? Or where you not able to load them?

In either case, without any logs (dmesg, journalctl -ab, rpm -qa | grep -e kernel -e nvidia | sort) it's pretty much hard to help here ...
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Re: nvidia gtx 750ti

Postby pierreleonard » Nov 23rd, '14, 21:39

Hi,

I have installed the mageia 5 B1 and with the last kernel 3.17.4, my graphic card is recignize. Andthee image is very beaitifull.

And the release is stable except somme tools. I will put a bug report.
The subject is closed for me.

Thank you

Pierre Léonard
pierreleonard

Re: [solved] nvidia gtx 750ti

Postby laidlaws » Nov 28th, '14, 23:53

I have much the same issue as Pierre, with a GTX 750. I couldn't get a screen.

In the latest round of updates, I see a configuring tool for nVidia, but LibreOffice for Cauldron is botched. It has happened before. This time, task-obsolete seems to be the culprit. I will wait until that sorts itself out.

Until today, I would almost have agreed tha Cauldron was usable.
laidlaws

Postby doktor5000 » Nov 29th, '14, 02:02

laidlaws wrote:In the latest round of updates, I see a configuring tool for nVidia, but LibreOffice for Cauldron is botched. It has happened before. This time, task-obsolete seems to be the culprit. I will wait until that sorts itself out.

FWIW, you can always use urpmi --keep and/or remove task-obsolete to keep the packages you have installed in cauldron.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby pierreleonard » Dec 1st, '14, 05:17

GHi laidlaws,

As i said Ihave installedf teh mageia b1. Ihave post somme bug , but that release recignise my gts 750TI and all works. As an testimony, witeh my all card teh images was not fluid and the card was cat 80Celsius, now the image il beautifull ands the card is a 30 celsuis.

A great major release. Yes it's a b1 but the major packages arestable except libreoffice. which ask the uninstall àf skype.

I have also installes that release on my serveur ans all is OK. I will do a virtual machine with the b1 and test the update.
I will see except for the server, because google warna a lot for the access of the serveur, so I will let him in that stable state for a good scanning.

Pierre Léonard

PS : you can install the b2 in december
pierreleonard

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron