Lightspark and Gnash

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

Lightspark and Gnash

Postby jimtheplanner » Aug 23rd, '11, 21:13

Hi Folks,

Another question as I use Mageia 64 bit I've chosen to experiment Lightspark rather than flash. Can I install Gnash alongside lightspark without introducing conflicts. Or am I best to just stick with lightspark?

On a side note I notice that the forum has:~
BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

I guess the tool the forum is built upon is only Flash friendly.
jimtheplanner

Re: Lightspark and Gnash

Postby marja » Dec 8th, '11, 16:44

It should work, as long as you disable one of the two.

There has been a FF bug in the past ( https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=581848 ) that gave a problem, but it got fixed :D
marja

Postby geraldow » Apr 16th, '14, 20:36

Hello!

I've installed Lighspark in my Mageia XFCE 64 bit, but I don't know how to enable it in Firefox. How can I do it?

Thanks!
geraldow

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 16th, '14, 21:02

Please don't hijack old dead threads, but instead please create a new one.
And please include the necessary information (at least Mageia version, Firefox version, Lightspark version ...)
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby geraldow » Apr 16th, '14, 21:06

doktor5000 wrote:Please don't hijack old dead threads, but instead please create a new one.
And please include the necessary information (at least Mageia version, Firefox version, Lightspark version ...)

Ok, doctor5000. I'll create a new topic on the same issue (I thought this was discouraged...) with the informations you asked. But I just need a command to choose lightspark instead of flash, like "update-alternatives".

Thanks!
geraldow

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 16th, '14, 21:24

geraldow wrote:Ok, doctor5000. I'll create a new topic on the same issue (I thought this was discouraged...)

Nope, it's not. Discouraged is double-posting/cross-posting (one person posting twice about the exact same topic in two subforums) or hijacking an existing thread, when your issue is only similar, but not the same. Or in this case, ressurrecting old threads - take a note that the last post prior to yours was from ~3 years ago ;)
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby geraldow » Apr 16th, '14, 21:28

doktor5000 wrote:
geraldow wrote:Ok, doctor5000. I'll create a new topic on the same issue (I thought this was discouraged...)

Nope, it's not. Discouraged is double-posting/cross-posting (one person posting twice about the exact same topic in two subforums) or hijacking an existing thread, when your issue is only similar, but not the same. Or in this case, ressurrecting old threads - take a note that the last post prior to yours was from ~3 years ago ;)

Ok, I've already created another topic. Please, help me there!

Thanks!
geraldow

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 16th, '14, 21:34

Already did, simply refresh that topic :)

FWIW, the other topic is viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7397
----
doktor5000

Return to Basic support