How does one mount the vendor.img in Mageia?

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

How does one mount the vendor.img in Mageia?

Postby Umeaboy » Dec 23rd, '20, 21:50

I downloaded the stock rom for Samsung Galaxy S10+ for Android 9 to extract the content of vendor.img.lz4 from AP.tar.md5.

As soon as I found and extracted the vendor.img.lz4 to my desktop I used lz4 -d vendor.img.lz4 vendor.img to decompress it and that worked.

file vendor.img says the following about the decompressed image:

vendor.img: Android sparse image, version: 1.0, Total of 281600 4096-byte output blocks in 14 input chunks.

If I use gnome-disks to mount it it shows up as mounted in that gui, but I can't see it mounted with df or mount or I'm perhaps missing something.

sudo mount -o loop vendor.img /mnt/vendor/ tells me:

mount: /mnt/vendor: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.

What can I do to solve this?
Umeaboy

Re: How does one mount the vendor.img in Mageia?

Postby doktor5000 » Dec 24th, '20, 12:26

Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Basic support