jitsi-meet server, prosody

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

jitsi-meet server, prosody

Postby john_gibbe » Oct 8th, '20, 18:53

Hello,
I use cauldron and I would like to install my own jitsi-meet server do video-conferences with several friends. We could of course use a server like meet.jit.si but I don't like the principle that my data are proceeded in foreign country when it's not necessary.
I've seen there is a jitsi package in cauldron distribution, but it looks it's not the proper one as it doesn't supply prosody server and jicofo server that are needed for jitsi-meet.

what is this package for?

I've tried to compile prosody from source with success but it's not fonctionnal as prosodyctl complain about some lua modules lacking even if they are installed.

I've seen also that in Mageia 4 a prosody package exist and I tried to rebuild it. Rebuilding worked but I have the same trouble as direct compilation with lacking lua-sec and lua-expat modules . It may be a trouble between the two version that are present on the cauldron distribution (5.2 still necessary as a lot of package depends on it and 5.3 which is not removable in drakrpm).
I've tried also with no success whether a package from Fedora could be installed. The one of fc32 use lua5.4 and fc31 lua5.3 exactly and cauldron version is lua5.3.5. So now I don't know too much what to do.
Any ideas?
john_gibbe

Re: jitsi-meet server, prosody

Postby doktor5000 » Oct 8th, '20, 19:49

john_gibbe wrote:I've seen there is a jitsi package in cauldron distribution, but it looks it's not the proper one as it doesn't supply prosody server and jicofo server that are needed for jitsi-meet.

what is this package for?

Well, it's the normal jitsi client.

For your issues with prosody, you might want to add some details ...
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby john_gibbe » Oct 8th, '20, 20:59

I thougth jitsi-meet needed no client except on android and work just from a web browser!
more details for prosody hereafter:
when I run prosodyctl status I get this result
Code: Select all
prosodyctl status

Prosody was unable to find luaexpat
This package can be obtained in the following ways:

Debian/Ubuntu:    sudo apt-get install lua-expat
        luarocks:         luarocks install luaexpat
        Source:           http://matthewwild.co.uk/projects/luaexpat/

luaexpat is required for Prosody to run, so we will now exit.
More help can be found on our website, at https://prosody.im/doc/depends

Prosody was unable to find LuaSec
This package can be obtained in the following ways:

Debian/Ubuntu:    sudo apt-get install lua-sec
        luarocks:         luarocks install luasec
        Source:           https://github.com/brunoos/luasec

SSL/TLS support will not be available
More help can be found on our website, at https://prosody.im/doc/depends

I apply the precipices using luarocks and that looks to work as it compile the module and termine telling it's installed in /usr:
luarocks install luaexpat
Installing https://luarocks.org/luaexpat-1.3.3-1.src.rock

gcc -O2 -fPIC -I/usr/include -c src/lxplib.c -o src/lxplib.o -I/usr/include -Isrc/
gcc -shared -o lxp.so src/lxplib.o -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib: -lexpat
/usr/bin/ld : /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so ignoré car incompatible lors de la recherche de -lgcc_s
/usr/bin/ld : /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 ignoré car incompatible lors de la recherche de libgcc_s.so.1
/usr/bin/ld : /usr/lib/libc.so ignoré car incompatible lors de la recherche de -lc
/usr/bin/ld : /usr/lib/libc.a ignoré car incompatible lors de la recherche de -lc
/usr/bin/ld : /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so ignoré car incompatible lors de la recherche de -lgcc_s
/usr/bin/ld : /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 ignoré car incompatible lors de la recherche de libgcc_s.so.1
Warning: /usr/share/lua/5.2/lxp/lom.lua is not tracked by this installation of LuaRocks. Moving it to /usr/share/lua/5.2/lxp/lom.lua~
Warning: /usr/share/lua/5.2/lxp/totable.lua is not tracked by this installation of LuaRocks. Moving it to /usr/share/lua/5.2/lxp/totable.lua~
Warning: /usr/lib/lua/5.2/lxp.so is not tracked by this installation of LuaRocks. Moving it to /usr/lib/lua/5.2/lxp.so~
luaexpat 1.3.3-1 is now installed in /usr (license: MIT/X11)

It's the same for luasec,
but it install everything for version 5.2:
find / -mount -name luaexpat
/usr/lib/luarocks/rocks-5.2/luaexpat

whereas the lua version is:
lua -v
Lua 5.3.5  Copyright (C) 1994-2018 Lua.org, PUC-Rio

renaming /usr/lib/luarocks/rocks-5.2 /usr/lib/luarocks/rocks-5.3 has no effect
john_gibbe

Postby doktor5000 » Oct 8th, '20, 22:57

That is with the rebuilt Mageia 4 prosody package or with a current version of prosody ?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby john_gibbe » Oct 8th, '20, 23:40

That's with the current version of prosody 0.11.7 compiled from sources
john_gibbe

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron