[SOLVED] Libx26x video compressor not supported

[SOLVED] Libx26x video compressor not supported

Postby Linares » Nov 30th, '19, 20:37

· "Libx264 video compressor not supported" when I want to process my project in generic MP4.

· "Libx265 video compressor not supported" when I want to process my project in MP4 in 4K.

Trying to solve these errors, I performed the following actions, but they did not work:

In Konsole I executed drakrpm-edit-media. There I marked "Tainted Release" as Enabled. In Install applications, I selected "All",
making sure I was not only in "Packages with graphical interface". In the search engine I wrote x264 and 5 packages appeared. I marked them all and installed. But as I said, this has not worked.

How can I finish my projects in an MP4 file?
Last edited by Linares on Dec 5th, '19, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.
Linares

Re: Libx26x video compressor not supported

Postby doktor5000 » Dec 1st, '19, 15:04

For x264 you need to install the compressor that is named exactly that - x264, which is from tainted release repo: https://madb.mageia.org/package/show/ap ... /name/x264
For x265, it's the same: https://madb.mageia.org/package/show/ap ... /name/x265
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Linares » Dec 1st, '19, 22:30

Hi Doktor5000.

I have already installed the two things that you indicated to me, but in Kdenlive the same error persists.

x264 y x265.gif
x264 y x265.gif (54.72 KiB) Viewed 2325 times
Linares

Postby doktor5000 » Dec 2nd, '19, 19:47

Can you check what you get when you run settings > config wizard to force a re-check for codecs ?
What you can also try, from the kdenlive manual: Settings -> Configure Kdenlive and check the Bypass codec verification option:
https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... n_Problems

Seems to reproduce this, one would actually need to load a video into kdenlive, otherwise the transcode dialog won't open. Will try again once I've got a free video available in my VM.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Linares » Dec 4th, '19, 18:36

Thanks, doktor5000.

After many laps, inquiries and investigations, I have managed to enable my Kdenlive to enable the x264 and x265 compressors.

It seems that, in my system, some repositories were missing, such as Tainted Updates, Tainted 32bit Release and Tainted 32bit Updates.

After activating all those repositories in the control center, I uninstalled Kdenlive with urmpe kdenlive. I updated the system with urpmi --auto-update and reinstalled Kdenlive with urpmi kdenlive. When I restarted, my computer was blocked, apparently due to some hanging process, but now I open Kdenlive and those two video compressors in MP4 are not crossed out.

I reiterate my thanks for your willingness to help.
Linares

Postby isadora » Dec 4th, '19, 18:37

Would you please mark this topic [SOLVED]?
You can do so by editing the title/subject of the first message in the topic.
Place [SOLVED] in front of subject/title.

Thanks ahead. :)
..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Return to Video