[SOLVED] libreoffice 6.2.5 6.3 from libreoffice downloads

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[SOLVED] libreoffice 6.2.5 6.3 from libreoffice downloads

Postby rychok » Aug 26th, '19, 05:44

Recently - from version 6.2.5 I have problem with libreoffice installed from packages installed from libreoffice site in both MGA6 and 7.
Starting program will just show splash window, program will not start, starting this in console just giving message about missing gnome icon theme.
It looks like some kind of permission problem, because running it as root in console woks fine,
Does anyone has same problem?
Last edited by rychok on Aug 27th, '19, 15:36, edited 2 times in total.
rychok

Re: Mageia -libreoffice 6.2.5 6.3 from libreoffice downloa

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 26th, '19, 17:30

rychok wrote:starting this in console just giving message about missing gnome icon theme.

Can you at least post the exact output here please?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby rychok » Aug 26th, '19, 19:20

I got the "gnome" icon message on MGA6, I'm now at work and have just installed LO6.3 on MGA7, and there is no message of any kind, just first time the splash is longer on screen, next time is just for split second, also here running as root makes no change. I will see again at home if on MGA6 still I can run it as root.
I tried this also on MGA5 with same result.
I guess there must have been some change in LO, but I can not find any reports of this problem on Internet.
From my experience LO is quite buggy, at least in what I'm using at work, so I'm still running 5.2.7, but from time to time I'm trying install newer one and see if becoming better or worse. I thing first version that I couldn't start was LO 6.2.5.
On all of computers I have running LO 5.2 and 6.1 also Openoffice, This creates problem during automatic updates because of conflict in menu packages between LO i OO, but this is not a problem.

I just tried run LO with OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome and it woks fine, therefore there is some problem with KDE, Plasma settings.
rychok

Postby rychok » Aug 27th, '19, 15:35

After running LO in console with different options to get some messages back, my findings so far are that in MGA 7 LO running OK with OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome, but crashing without any error messages.
In MGA6 my problem is older mysql connector extension. It looks like it is now included in LO, since after disabling it LO6.3 was able to connect using old base file, but LO6.1 couldn't find the driver. (need to change to java connector).
Anyway I will mark this thread as solved.
rychok

Re: [SOLVED] libreoffice 6.2.5 6.3 from libreoffice downlo

Postby Erik » Sep 3rd, '19, 09:07

Dear rychok,

I have the same problem trying to start the newest version of Libreoffice. Never before the newest version did not start on my computer with Mandrake/Mandriva/Mageia!

My question is: How do you start libreoffice6.3 with the option "OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome"?

Greetings,

Erik.
Erik

Postby rychok » Sep 4th, '19, 03:13

To test if this is working for you you may use console command
OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome libreoffice6.version you have.
an d if it does you eill have to add OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome to all menu entry for this version of libreoffice, by right clicking application menu and editing application.
rychok

Postby Erik » Sep 4th, '19, 09:23

It works for me!

Thank you very much.

Erik
Erik

Return to Basic support