A different type of scanner...as in ClamAV antivirus.

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

A different type of scanner...as in ClamAV antivirus.

Postby lloyd » Aug 27th, '19, 20:59

Since I upgraded Mageia 6 to 7 (now 7.1) I've noticed a few things that don't work correctly. One of these is ClamAV. I've installed, uninstalled, and re-installed every file with "clam" in the name. I used dnf-dragora for that. I usually use ClamTK. So, all of these files are installed. The file "clamtk" is in /usr/bin. I've tried everything I can think of, including running it as root and being a regular user. No difference. I've tried running it from a console window, as in /usr/bin/clamtk. Still nothing. Running it from a console always produces the following error message...

Icon 'gtk-new' not present in theme oxygen at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/Glib/Object/Introspection.pm line 67

Is something missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Last edited by lloyd on Aug 27th, '19, 21:35, edited 2 times in total.
lloyd

Re: A different type of scanner...as in ClamAV antivirus.

Postby isadora » Aug 27th, '19, 21:01

Tip: remove your e-mail-address from your signature. If it were only to prevent you from being spammed.
..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Postby lloyd » Aug 28th, '19, 02:34

Ok...so how do I actually FIX it? I checked and all the daemons start up at booting.
lloyd

Postby lloyd » Aug 29th, '19, 04:15

[SOLVED] I installed the latest ClamTK rpm from Cauldron. Totally fixed the problem!
lloyd

Postby isadora » Aug 29th, '19, 08:18

Would you please mark this topic [SOLVED]?
You can do so by editing the title/subject of the first message in the topic.
Place [SOLVED] in front of subject/title.

Thanks ahead. :)
..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Postby ricard13 » Feb 22nd, '20, 14:52

sorry for google translation.

uname -a "5.4.17-desktop-1.mga7 #1 SMP Sat Feb 1 21:57:04 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux"

clamtk 6.01-1.mga7
error icon "gtk-new"

Quick solution at the start of clamtk:
just install "cheser-icon-theme" and create a link to "ln -s /usr/share/icons/Cheser /usr/share/icons/gnome"
ricard13

Return to Basic support