Unfortunately, many bugs and no Dutch forum

New here or willing to jump in ?
Here you will find all you need to get started with Mageia :)

Unfortunately, many bugs and no Dutch forum

Postby Zeeman » Jun 17th, '19, 11:27

mageia would be a Top operating system if all the bugs would be removed. Unfortunately there is no Dutch forum and also because my English is bad, it is difficult for me to find solutions.
The positive to mageia is that he, unlike other Linux distributions, all amd and nvidea video cards easily accepts.
I spent years positive experiences with Linux Mint but with the last version I can no longer use my video card of my PC, I heve the same problem there with my new budget laptop: Acer Aspire A315-21 and with Mageia Everything works very well.
For Linux Mint you will find a lot of Dutch help. So you will find also a page to do directly after installation. What it, for computer dummies as I, makes a much easier. If you have finished that list you're sure of a safe and good working system.
If there is also such a list exists of Mageia please let me know for sure. I instaleted Mageia with the default settings I hope that's secure enough.
Zeeman

Re: Unfortunately, many bugs and no Dutch forum

Postby doktor5000 » Jun 17th, '19, 12:06

What should be on such a list in particular, do you have an example ?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby doktor5000 » Jun 17th, '19, 17:09

Well, a lot of that is covered already in the mageiawelcome applet. Also, as Mageia supports quite a number of desktop environments out of the box, such a list would need to be tailored to each of them separately.

Apart from that, there are already similar lists in the wiki, feel free to start a new one if you consider this a necessity. Check e.g. the top "Discovery" section and the first steps pages there:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Documentation
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Zeeman » Jun 17th, '19, 18:36

That is a very good link but my english isn't so good and if I use a translation program English/Dutch I get the a very weird translation
Zeeman

Postby marja » Jun 20th, '19, 08:02

(Replying in Dutch. We do indeed lack wiki- and blogtranslations and an important Dutch translator, Dragnadh, stopped contributing when he finished his studies. Maybe Zeeman can help convince potential Dutch translators that there is a need for such translations.)

Dag Zeeman,

Dank voor je vraag!

We hebben wel wat Nederlandse documentatie, bijv. http://doc.mageia.org/mcc/6/nl/content/index.html, maar je hebt gelijk dat er te veel ontbreekt (niet alleen belangrijke wiki-pagina's, maar ook blogberichten). Bovendien stopte een belangrijke Nederlandse vertaler, Dragnadh, toen hij slaagde voor zijn studie.

Zou je willen helpen om potentiële vertalers te laten weten dat hun vertalingen hard nodig zijn? Misschien kunnen we studenten van een vertaalschool voor Mageia interesseren. In mijn eentje zoek ik geen contact met zulke studenten, maar samen met iemand die de vertalingen nodig heeft, zou ik het gemakkelijker doen. Doe je mee?

Vriendelijke groet,
Marja
marja

Postby Zeeman » Jul 21st, '19, 20:03

Hallo Marja, ik heb gezocht naar vertalers maar helaas nog niemand gevonden, de meesten onder hen hebben zelfs een uitgebreide computerkennis. het probleem is dat ze allen een gezin hebben en dus wel belangrijkere zaken aan hun hoofd hebben. wat betreft mageia jullie leveren voortreffelijk werk maar helaas is voor een computer dummy als ik de uitleg vaak veel te technisch waardoor ik nog niet weet hoe ik alles moet instellen. op gebied van eenvoud kunnen jullie nog veel leren van linux mint en ubuntu, daar zeggen ze gewoon wat je hoe moet instellen en meestal ken je dit het simpelst doen via de terminal. de link is nuttig maar alleen als je computerkennis hebt. door al die technische uitleg erbij zie je door de bomen het bos niet meer. mageia is alvast geen linux distro voor beginners of computer dummy's. ik denk dus dat dra verder op zoek ga naar een andere linux distro die wat eenvoudiger is en die ook geschikt is voor alle AMD videokaarten. als ik die er niet is ga ik waarschijnlijk met tegenzin terug naar windows.
Zeeman

Return to Welcome on board