Drupal on Mageia

Drupal on Mageia

Postby caffilhobr » Jul 12th, '18, 17:56

How to install Drupal on Mageia?
caffilhobr

Re: Drupal on Mageia

Postby doktor5000 » Jul 13th, '18, 01:05

Like on any other linux? Best install task-lamp-php to get the webserver and PHP, then install drupal as mentioned on their website.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby xboxboy » Jul 13th, '18, 01:21

Have you got any LAMP experience?

It's really easy to install the whole LAMP stack on mageia.

Doktor is right, task-lamp-php is the package you're after. So from the command line, as root of course:
Code: Select all
urpmi task-lamp-php

That will install apache, php etc.

I'm not sure if drupal is in the repo's, BUT I'd highly recommend manually installing and managing any web app. The maintainers do a great job, but I've lost a joomla website when updating the OS version, as the new version had a new version of joomla, and the old content didn't work with the newer joomla. Where as if you manage it manually, you're able to backup/copy/restore/carry out work on the content and DB to make sure it's always compatible. And you'll learn heaps.

I myself build my websites in a VM (magiea OS of course), and then upload a copy to my webhost. That way if my web host is ever compromised (hackers are a nightmare), you simply delete the failing website, and re-upload from the VM.

Let us know how you go.
xboxboy

Postby manrdrigeia » Jul 15th, '18, 15:26

I am having a small problem with the task-lamp-php. According to Joomla:

Error
We have detected that your server is using PHP 5.3.29 which is obsolete and no longer receives official security updates by its developers. The Joomla! Project recommends upgrading your site to PHP 5.6 or later which will receive security updates at least until 2018-12-31. Please ask your host to make PHP 5.6 or a later version the default version for your site. If your host is already PHP 5.6 ready please enable PHP 5.6 on your site's root and 'administrator' directories – typically you can do this yourself through a tool in your hosting control panel, but it's best to ask your host if you are unsure.

When I check the packages I am using they imply PHP 5.6.36. I am trying to find how to correct this error with the information on php.
manrdrigeia

Postby doktor5000 » Jul 15th, '18, 18:12

You're running this on what Mageia release?

Please post the output of
Code: Select all
rpm -qa|sort|grep php
php --version

Also, initially you were asking about drupal, now you mention joomla ... how does that match?
And what drupal version are you trying to install currently?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Ken-Bergen » Jul 15th, '18, 22:55

doktor5000 wrote:Also, initially you were asking about drupal, now you mention joomla ... how does that match?
This appears to be a thread hijack as he only has one post and will only confuse the issue.
Ken
Ken-Bergen

Return to Networking