corrupted akonadi database can't be repaired

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

corrupted akonadi database can't be repaired

Postby jiml8 » May 17th, '18, 04:48

The great update buggered my kmail installation; I lost my access to a gmail account that I use for work. I went through the process to reinstall it, and did not succeed; the folders in the left panel simply did not appear although all the steps in accessing gmail and obtaining a valid token seem to have gone properly. I have 2FA activated on the gmail account, which forces me to use their oauth system; I can't just use a normal password.

After wrestling with this for awhile and never getting the folders to appear in the left pane, I started fiddling with akonadictl. I ran "akonadictl fsck" and it cleaned up a lot of things, but also left me with this:

Code: Select all
PartTable.storage FROM PartTable WHERE ( PartTable.pimItemId IN (  ) AND PartTable.storage = :0 )"
Found duplicates 1387742194.R544.Dadsbox:2,S
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: DATABASE ERROR:
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error code: "1064"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   DB error:  "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND PartTable.storage = 1 )' at line 1"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:   Error text: "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND PartTable.storage = 1 )' at line 1 QMYSQL: Unable to execute query"

There are three such errors listed. Looks like akonadictl has not kept up with mariadb.

Any suggestions about how to proceed?

As an aside, I have been sufficiently pissed off with kmail that I downloaded evolution and was going to try a migration to it. However, I got killed by the same webkit problem that is preventing me from starting drakconf; evolution won't start.

sigh.
jiml8

Re: corrupted akonadi database can't be repaired

Postby Bequimao » May 17th, '18, 11:20

I had similar problems with gmail and got it working, see

https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22655

Best regards
Bequimão
Bequimao

Postby Bequimao » May 20th, '18, 10:46

Now it is known how to handle GMails authentication method oauth properly.

https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23035

Bequimão
Bequimao

Postby jiml8 » May 21st, '18, 16:27

When I invoke rpmdrake, I do not find any libkdexoauth2.so in any variant listed.

What repository is that in?
jiml8

Postby Bequimao » May 21st, '18, 17:03

I use exclusively dnf:
[root@mag6-final ~]# dnf repoquery --whatprovides *libkdexoauth2*
Last metadata expiration check: 0:07:08 ago on Mon 21 May 2018 16:54:15 CEST.
lib64kdexoauth2_3-2:17.12.2-1.mga6.x86_64
[root@mag6-final ~]#
[root@mag6-final ~]# dnf install lib64kdexoauth2_3-2\:17.12.2-1.mga6.x86_64
Last metadata expiration check: 0:07:19 ago on Mon 21 May 2018 16:54:15 CEST.
Dependencies resolved.
===========================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                     Arch                             Version                                       Repository                                Size
===========================================================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 lib64kdexoauth2_3                           x86_64                           2:17.12.2-1.mga6                              updates-x86_64                            18 k

Transaction Summary
Install  1 Package

Total download size: 18 k
Installed size: 19 k
Is this ok [y/N]:

Bequimão
Bequimao

Postby jiml8 » May 21st, '18, 18:52

I located it on RPMFind and downloaded it from there. I have no idea why it is not showing in my configured repositories here.

Anyway, now the gmail account is being authenticated. However, I still have no directory structure for the gmail account showing. Therefore, I can't receive any emails in kmail. I don't know why the directory structure is missing. I deleted .local/share/akonadi and allowed the system to recreate it which (I would think) would take care of database errors.
jiml8

Postby Bequimao » May 21st, '18, 20:37

It looks like KMail uses the akonadi database for the exposure of mails and folders. I never manipulate files of Kontact/KMail with OS commands (cp, vm, rm), but use the import/export functions instead. Actually it is of no interest, where the files are located. Nobody would try for instance to manipulate files of an Oracle database with OS commands. It would create inconsistencies between the data and control files, and crash immediately!

Did you try
$ akonadictl vacuum

That would recreate the akonadi database.

Best regards
Bequimão
Bequimao

Postby jiml8 » Feb 18th, '19, 07:50

Well this thread has become a moldy oldie, but I decided it is time to update it.

Nine months has passed. I long ago deployed Evolution in order to handle my business gmail account. Ever since, I have seen in the logs that akonadi was successfully authenticating with gmail, but Kontact continued to not show any gmail emails, no matter what I did.

Didn't matter; I have mostly given up on kontact/kmail...just too unreliable. I still had some email accounts in kontact just because it still works for them and because I was too lazy to move them to evolution.

So, a couple days ago, some updates for akonadi came through, and guess what? Now kmail is again working with my gmail account. The file structure has magically reappeared, and all by itself it synced everything.

Well, that's OK. It can do that. I'll stick with Evolution. Once I got it set up, it's been reliable. Just can't trust kontact/kmail. Not reliable.
jiml8

Return to Basic support