TEAMVIEWER CONFIGURATION

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

TEAMVIEWER CONFIGURATION

Postby liaosing » Jul 4th, '16, 05:38

Hi All,,,,, I am using linux mageia 4.0 and 5.0. My main problem is unable to install Teamviewer into my computer linux mageia 4.0.

Can you pls show the way ? Thanks
liaosing

Re: TEAMVIEWER CONFIGURATION

Postby nickdegraeve » Jul 4th, '16, 09:03

I think we need a bit more information. What errors does it give? You mention Mageia 4 and 5, does it mean that on 5 it installed correctly?

I'm on 5 and it was quite easy to install: downloaded the RPM (RedHar, CentO, Fedora, SUSE) from the the Teamviewer website (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/linux/) and installed it.
nickdegraeve

Postby liaosing » Jul 8th, '16, 11:54

I have downloaded GOOGLE CHROME. However unable to install it. Can you please sho wme how to do it with a few simple steps ?

Why Linux Mageia application did not have .exe files like in Windows ?
liaosing

Postby doktor5000 » Jul 8th, '16, 18:20

What about teamviewer? Did you get it installed? Then please mark the thread accordingly by editing the topic of the first post and prefix it by [SOLVED], thanks

liaosing wrote:Why Linux Mageia application did not have .exe files like in Windows ?

Because Mageia is not windows.

For chrome have a look at our MAQeia: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2053
And if you have a separate issue, please start a separate thread. Would also be appreciated if you stop using UPPERCASE as that is considered yelling by many.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby liaosing » Jul 9th, '16, 13:46

I still have problems installing Teamviewer. Need your help to show step by step because i cannot find the .exe appliation file. Why linux mageia did not have a .exe application file like Goodle mobile application to make easy to install app ?
liaosing

Postby benmc » Jul 10th, '16, 01:01

doktor5000 wrote: liaosing wrote:
Why Linux Mageia application did not have .exe files like in Windows ?

Because Mageia is not windows.

try downloading teamveiwer from here : https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/linux/

choose : RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, SUSE
v11.0.57095 (rpm)
benmc

Postby liaosing » Jul 17th, '16, 16:05

I have no problem downoloading teamviewer files from the link given. My problem is I am not familiar at all how to install those downloaded files. Hopefully you can show me step by step in detail how to open those files and install into my computer with linux mageia 5.0 operating system.

With Microsoft windows it is very easy, you just download the .exe files. Then you double click the .exe files and the installation will be done smoothly.
liaosing

Postby benmc » Jul 17th, '16, 22:00

ok.

locate your downloaded teamviewer.rpm.. usually in "downloads", unless you specified elsewhere.
with your mouse, either:
1/ double left click the icon.
you should get :
software installer1.png
software installer1.png (33.09 KiB) Viewed 2715 times

choose install.
you will be asked for your administrator password, unless you have disabled that function.
installation should proceed.

2/ right click the icon.
from the menu choose: open with "software installer"

software installer.png
software installer.png (6.18 KiB) Viewed 2715 times

you will be asked for your administrator password, unless you have disabled that function.
installation should proceed.

no reboot after installation, unless directed by the installer.

if problems persist, please advise Desktop Environment- KDE, Gnome, Mate, Cinnamon, Xfce, LXDE or other
benmc

Postby liaosing » Jul 24th, '16, 15:30

I try your instruction and get an error message which says something like the not compatible software. Anyway please show me how to do Printscreen to copy and paste the error message. I try to do the normal way but unable to do Printscreen copy and paste. Thank you. Appreciate all your help very much.
liaosing

Postby doktor5000 » Jul 24th, '16, 16:05

You should be able to mark the text and simply hit Ctrl+C to copy&paste it here. Or press the PrtScrn key (print screen) on your keyboard, which starts ksnapshot so you can take a screenshot of the error dialog.
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby liaosing » Jul 28th, '16, 15:25

I did do the Printscreen command. When I paste it it did not work. How do you paste it after Printscreen ?
liaosing

Postby doktor5000 » Jul 28th, '16, 18:25

You cannot paste the picture here directly, you have to save it to a file and then attach it here as follows:

Below the forum editor (only available in full editor, not via quick reply), switch to the tab "Upload attachment".
Upload your picture, then when finished, click in the editor window where you want your picture to display,
and click the button "Place inline".
----
doktor5000

Postby liao » Mar 14th, '19, 14:59

Hi, a friend in software forum told me this is the way to install teamviwer onto Mageia 5. I try but never work. Is he trying to be funny ? :)

1. Log off mageia and log back on with the WMice(or whatever) desktop window manager
2. Put the mageia 5 disk into ur laptop(again)
3. Get teamviewer installed
liao

Postby doktor5000 » Mar 14th, '19, 15:55

liao wrote:Is he trying to be funny ? :)

How should we know, better ask him.

We already provided you with all the hints to get teamviewer installed, you did not even add a screenshot or text copy&paste of the error you're getting, so how should we help?
----
doktor5000

Return to Basic support