Is K3B Dead

Here wizards, magicians, sorcerers and everybody can rest a bit and talk about anything they like.

Just remember to respect the rules.

Is K3B Dead

Postby wind » Nov 15th, '13, 18:29

Hi every body . I want to ask that if k3b development stopped. There isnt new release since January 15th 2011. if it is dead. it is big loss for KDE desktop users. Who knows ???
wind

Re: Is K3B Dead

Postby doktor5000 » Nov 15th, '13, 22:32

Counter-question: What more features do you require from KDE?

It's quite feature-complete and it still works pretty well, better than all other burning apps so far.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby wind » Nov 16th, '13, 09:07

Look at nero burning rom and you will understand what features that i am require. Yes it is still works well and of course better than other for software for linux but if it is dead in the near feature it wont be. I appreciate their work. So it is free software and they are developing it in their free time. And i think they are not earning money ( at least good money) from that software. İf it is dead nobody can say any word. I have just wondered .
wind

Postby doktor5000 » Nov 16th, '13, 11:43

Well if you want to know then ask the k3b developers directly, or donate them money if you want them to add features.

And FWIW I don't miss any features compared to Nero.
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby wind » Nov 16th, '13, 11:52

Here is The Wizards Lair
Here wizards, magicians, sorcerers and everybody can rest a bit and talk about anything they like.

You are so aggressive. Who do you think you are. If you dont like just dont answer my question. You dont teach me where to ask my question. Just shut up.
wind

Postby isadora » Nov 16th, '13, 12:01

Cool down guys. Can't see why this simple topic should result into arguments.
..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Postby wind » Nov 16th, '13, 12:09

isadora wrote:Cool down guys. Can't see why this simple topic should result into arguments.

I didnt ask anythink bad. Developers of software most of them ingnoring like this emails. They dont like ,like this question. İf it project dead i wont get any reply. So i thought the best way to ask it here. i thought If somebody knows they will tell me. So if i have money it would be a pleasure to donate not only K3B but also every open source project.
wind

Postby doktor5000 » Nov 16th, '13, 17:49

wind wrote:You are so aggressive. Who do you think you are. If you dont like just dont answer my question. You dont teach me where to ask my question. Just shut up.

Where exactly in this thread did I behave aggressively? I've just answered your questions, and put my opinions right after the answers (and didn't teach you anything)
If you don't want to read that, then don't ask. Why should I shut up when you asked in the first place?

If you want a definitive answer about the current state of k3b then ask the developers. If you don't like to communicate with software projects, that's your problem and then you're probably at the wrong place here, too. And if the developers ignore the mails, sometimes the reason may not lie with the developers.

If you want to donate, then just donate it.
----
doktor5000

Return to The Wizards Lair