A little nervous (???)

Here wizards, magicians, sorcerers and everybody can rest a bit and talk about anything they like.

Just remember to respect the rules.

A little nervous (???)

Postby isadora » May 27th, '11, 20:51

Don't you have that strange kind of feeling?

Something quite indefinite, something twinkling, something feeling woolly,
something magic, the last days before the first official is going to be released.

As quiet as it looks like right now, as hard the team is working to bring forth
a brilliant start of Mageia.

June 1st will be a day of fresh bubbles released from the cauldron.

Please tell about your expectations, your plans, change of distribution, or whatever that interests you for Mageia.
Don't let it be just a technical thing, let it be a magical and loving thing

And, of course, wisdom, strength and lots of fun for those being involved, into making Mageia a brilliant new distribution.
..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Re: A little nervous (???)

Postby wobo » May 28th, '11, 13:21

Yes, the whole power supply of the Mageia servers also is nervous :(
wobo
---
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter
(Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin)
wobo

Postby borsa » May 28th, '11, 14:38

No need to be nervous. I think Mageia is going to be the best distro ever. No, I don't think, I know. :D
borsa

Postby wobo » May 28th, '11, 15:49

I'm not nervous about the quality of the distribution. We know it is good. Basta! :)

What we do not know is the kind of welcome it will receive outside our small circle of friends here. What we do not know is whether we will meet our own goals: get the attention of enough contributors to go on, putting our own ideas to reality, developping a distribution which will not be yet another forgotten episode in a couple of years from now, releasing something other people may be able to build their business on, and other plans.
wobo
---
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter
(Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin)
wobo

Postby oldcodger » May 28th, '11, 16:55

As long as the enthusiasm remains strong as it has done to get to this point then I can see no problems to Mageia becoming a major player.
Long may the Mageia community reign.
oldcodger

Postby obgr_seneca » May 28th, '11, 17:29

Nervous? No. I got nervous, when servers went down tonight, otherwise I don't have the time for being nervous...

About the coming release. I know it is good (even if some things are still missing) and I do hope, it will be a success and all of us will find usable compromisses in the discussions about our strategy, that will come after Mga1.

Oliver
Linux - free choice for free people
obgr_seneca

Postby osifa » May 28th, '11, 19:35

I am not nervous too. But, I wait agog. I trust to mageia team, mageia community and free software world. Everything will be very beautiful. :)
osifa

Postby winstonteacox » May 28th, '11, 19:59

Mageia will be a success.
Yeah - I said it ...
:mrgreen:
Now after my words of profound wisdom, I'm going back to procrastinating.
winstonteacox

Postby mechatotoro » May 28th, '11, 23:26

I've been using the RC and it does pretty much all I want and need for leisure and work, so I don't expect the final version to be less than magnificent.

So, I'm just counting the last days to download the final version and enjoy the Linux distro that will bring some vastly needed magic into this world.

I, for my part, welcome Mageia and congratulate the developers, contributors, and this simply wonderful community.

マジェイア,本当に 最高だ!(Mageia truly rocks!, written from Mageia RC, thanks to the help of everyone around here)

By the way, although it's not much, I managed to modify the icon of the trash and replaced it by an empty/full cauldron. I think it looks cool for visual identity. If someone is interested, the 128X128 (I think) images can be retrieved from here: http://mandrivachronicles.blogspot.com/2011/05/mageia-1-rc1-as-seen-by-two-year.html
mechatotoro

Return to The Wizards Lair