Downgrade PHP: Web App unable to Run

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

Downgrade PHP: Web App unable to Run

Postby xboxboy » Dec 28th, '21, 14:53

Hi guys.
What a Xmas treat: rebuild the family server...

Anyways, fresh install of task-lamp (php), I've got Nextcloud direct from their website. Unzipped it, got apache configured correctly (first time too, that's new).

And Instead of the usual landing/setup page (link mariadb etc) I've got a warning, that Nextcloud can't run php >8.0, and the repos have delivered me 8.1.

How do I roll back php with out breaking my system?

TIA.
xboxboy

Re: Downgrade PHP: Web App unable to Run

Postby sturmvogel » Dec 28th, '21, 15:15

There is already a thread in the forum. Maybe this helps:https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14324&p=83936&hilit=Php#p83936

And in our wiki there is the hint in the Nextcloud page to build PHP7 localy:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Nextcloud

https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14038

You can also search in our forums and wiki pages.
sturmvogel

Postby xboxboy » Dec 28th, '21, 15:34

Beaut, thank you. Looks like I've got a few more hours of CLI ahead of me....
xboxboy

Postby morgano » Dec 28th, '21, 21:51

PHP 8.1 ? - I only see 8.0.2 and 8.0.14 in mga8 repos.
NextCloud 21+ works with PHP 8.0

FWIW we also have instructions for manual install with NGINX: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Nextcloud_se ... with_NGINX
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Postby xboxboy » Dec 29th, '21, 02:06

mmm... The warning page definately says 8.1.0... and "php -i" reports 8.1.0 also.
xboxboy

Postby doktor5000 » Dec 29th, '21, 04:57

https://github.com/nextcloud/server/iss ... 1028728218 shows the version check, seems it's anything above 8.0.1 AFAICT.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby xboxboy » Dec 29th, '21, 05:49

Well, got pretty far!

I followed RTL19's instructions from here: https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=14038&p=84759#p82334

I was able to get the install page up! Horray. Got the fields filled in, but then hit a wall.

The log file is HUGE. But I cleared it, then tried to refresh the web page, and this is the last section, I assume this is my drama (I'll post whole log if needed)
Code: Select all
"PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'zip' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/zip (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/zip: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/zip.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/zip.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) at Unknown#0","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0","version":"23.0.0.10"}

Let me guess: All the required php modules I originally installed via urpmi/task-lamp need to be installed/compiled for php7?

If so, I'm going to need a crash course on how to make that happen please.

TIA: I love this community, most other forums would tell me to get docker/vm etc etc.... I love how we work towards a real solution, that teaches me on the way through.
xboxboy

Postby doktor5000 » Dec 29th, '21, 11:10

AFAICT Artee described that in one of his posts, and if you used his configure command you should have had --with-zip in there which should add the zip extension for php.
Check the middle part of viewtopic.php?p=83545#p83545 where he briefly mentions this.
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby xboxboy » Dec 29th, '21, 11:24

Thanks Dr.

When I check the modules: This is what I get:

php -m
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'bz2' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/bz2 (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/bz2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/bz2.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/bz2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'ctype' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/ctype (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/ctype: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/ctype.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/ctype.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'curl' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/curl (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/curl: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/curl.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/curl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'dom' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/dom (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/dom: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/dom.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/dom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'openssl' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/openssl (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/openssl: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/openssl.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/openssl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'zlib' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/zlib (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/zlib: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/zlib.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/zlib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'gd' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/gd (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/gd: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/gd.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/gd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'gettext' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/gettext (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/gettext: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/gettext.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/gettext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imap' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/imap (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/imap: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/imap.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/imap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'mbstring' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mbstring (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mbstring: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mbstring.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mbstring.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'mcrypt' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mcrypt (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mcrypt: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mcrypt.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mcrypt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'mysqlnd' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mysqlnd (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mysqlnd: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mysqlnd.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mysqlnd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'mysqli' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mysqli (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mysqli: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mysqli.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/mysqli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'posix' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/posix (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/posix: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/posix.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/posix.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'session' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/session (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/session: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/session.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/session.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'sysvsem' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/sysvsem (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/sysvsem: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/sysvsem.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/sysvsem.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'sysvshm' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/sysvshm (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/sysvshm: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/sysvshm.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/sysvshm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'xmlreader' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/xmlreader (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/xmlreader: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/xmlreader.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/xmlreader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'xmlwriter' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/xmlwriter (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/xmlwriter: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/xmlwriter.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/xmlwriter.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pdo' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/pdo (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/pdo: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/pdo.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/pdo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'sqlite3' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/sqlite3 (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/sqlite3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/sqlite3.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/sqlite3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'filter' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/filter (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/filter: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/filter.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/filter.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'zip' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/zip (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/zip: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/zip.so (/usr/lib64/php/extensions:/opt/php7/lib/php/extensions/zip.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
[PHP Modules]
Core
date
hash
json
libxml
pcre
Reflection
SimpleXML
SPL
standard
xml

These aren't related to the paths I added to php.ini?

So basically, I need to re-make/make install with each of these modules added to the config command?
xboxboy

Postby papoteur » Dec 29th, '21, 13:20

Hello,
I think that, for an unknown reason (a bug in urpmi), you got PHP 8.1 from backports repository. This has already been reported too.
You can consider uninstalling all php parts and then reinstall them, and they should be in 8.0 release. If you are bit by the same PHP8.1, use dnf to install PHP.
For the compilation part, I can't help.
papoteur

Postby xboxboy » Dec 29th, '21, 13:30

Thanks Papoteur. I'll keep grinding away.

What's frustrating from my POV is that Mageia is a community distro, and yet we are front running the massively successful (and profitable!) nextcloud. I understand why php7 was dropped, but it's strange that Nextcloud hasn't made a firm effort to run with the latest php, especially given php's shocking reputation for web security.

If I can't get it to work, I may have to do as you suggest.
xboxboy

Postby morgano » Dec 29th, '21, 13:50

Ah 8.1 slipped in from backports. That wonderful urpmi quirk i had only seen with kernels, but yes probably it is general.
Urpmi somehow install/update from backports if it is configured even when it is not enabled.
Do we have a bog explicitly on urpmi on this? I could not find.
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Postby papoteur » Dec 29th, '21, 20:12

morgano wrote:Urpmi somehow install/update from backports if it is configured even when it is not enabled.
Do we have a bog explicitly on urpmi on this? I could not find.

The bug has been already hit, but not explicitly reported, indeed: https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26922#c15
papoteur

Postby xboxboy » Dec 30th, '21, 03:06

I used task-lamp....

I've just blasted away the OS and restarted, manually installing apache/mariadb and php.
Php 8.0 has been installed.

So maybe there's an issue with task-lamp-(php).

I'll have to look into how to stop urpmi updating php until Nextcoud moves forward.
xboxboy

Postby xboxboy » Dec 30th, '21, 04:38

Right: So I've reinstalled OS. (I spent many hours in rpm hell, I tripped myself up with 586/x86 modules etc etc... finally got a good config, and install, but I still had the same module issues)
Installed apache. That works: Testing page shows.
I've installed Mysql/mariadb. Database is set up.
I've installed php 8.0, and all the modules required.

I've installed the extracted nextcloud web app where I need it, it is owned by apache: But now I get an Error 403 page:
The server is currently not serving php scripts.

This could mean the server administrator is doing maintenance or has orphan php files laying around, please contact the server administrator or come back later. Thank you.

Not sure what I've missed here: I assume somehow I need apache to understand php is now installed? I guess when I used task-lamp-php, all that was taken care of.

TIA
xboxboy

Postby morgano » Dec 30th, '21, 13:00

Collecting info for issuing a bug report

xboxboy wrote:I used task-lamp...

So urpmi "task-lamp" pulled in PHP8.1 from backports.

Can you tell if backports repo was enabled or not at that moment?
morgano

Postby xboxboy » Dec 30th, '21, 13:33

I can't sorry: I've blasted that OS away: But! I did get the run around this arvo when I installed php-fpm, that pulled in a heap of 8.1 stuff from what I could see: I had to uninstall php (broken modules....) and then reinstall php manually.

I don't believe backports would have been enabled: I usually just add the 32bit repos.
xboxboy

Postby morgano » Dec 30th, '21, 14:06

OK, thanks for the reporting.
Tried myself, and it seem drakrpm is at fault, but urpmi works correctly.

I now issued https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=29830
morgano

Postby xboxboy » Dec 30th, '21, 14:10

Thanks, I probably should have done that: I'm out of patience at the moment. I just can't wrap my head around what's wrong here..

Wait: If I install task-lamp-php via cli, it will be ok?
xboxboy

Postby morgano » Dec 30th, '21, 14:17

xboxboy wrote:Wait: If I install task-lamp-php via cli, it will be ok?

You can always try out urpmi operation by adding the --test flag. It will then select and download but not install.
urpmi --test task-lamp-php

see what versions it selects, and if OK, let it run without "--test".
morgano

Postby xboxboy » Dec 30th, '21, 14:25

Morgano, thanks I'll check it out tomorrow: I need a clear head for that.

And yes, you're right with the rpmdrake vs urpmi issue I believe. That php-fpm package I installed today WAS via rpmdrake, but everything else was via CLI this time... Man, good catch.
xboxboy

Postby xboxboy » Dec 31st, '21, 04:03

I've been able to install task-lamp-php from cli, all installed ok, but I still have error 403:

403 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden

The server is currently not serving php scripts.

This could mean the server administrator is doing maintenance or has orphan php files laying around, please contact the server administrator or come back later. Thank you.

How/where do I start to troubleshoot this issue?
xboxboy

Postby xboxboy » Jan 1st, '22, 09:46

I blasted the OS away again..., and formatted all partitions.

Installed task-lamp-php from command... installed nextcloud from their website....
Went through the expected drama of having my webpage outside of /var/www/html (its on a separate data partition)..
Done the setup page...

The hit mysql memory issues.... ended up disabling the 'circles' app.
Now my nextcloud is up and functional.

No sure what to do about the mysql issues: I see some centos tutorials talk about installing REDIS, but I'm not sure if that applies to mageia or not?
xboxboy

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 2nd, '22, 00:30

Might help if you could add some details what "mysql memory issues" means in particular.
----
doktor5000

Postby xboxboy » Jan 3rd, '22, 01:41

Oof. Yes, some detail would help!

The log is full of:
Memory allocation error: 1038 Out of sort memory, consider increasing server sort buffer size"

I searched around for some info on database memory tutorials, but mostly just found stuff for Ubuntu.
xboxboy

Next

Return to Advanced support