Mageia live does not save the data in the session as live ?

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

Mageia live does not save the data in the session as live ?

Postby Ikx27 » Nov 10th, '21, 17:39

I did the installation on the Mateus Live pendrive, I did the configuration step by step, but after I made some settings to my liking, but when I did the restart it asked for the same settings! This was strange but I need to clear up the doubts because I prefer to use it on the pendrive, because my notebook has problems because windows 8.1 is installed!
Ikx27

Re: Mageia live does not save the data in the session as liv

Postby benmc » Nov 10th, '21, 20:16

hi.

the "Live" system does not retain user info for use after power off or reboot.

For your use case, you will need to re-write the "Live" with persistence enabled.
If you have a spare USB drive, you can add "isodumper" into your "Live" system, then use Isodumper to write a new "Live, with persistence"

You can also create the persistence partition manually after creation, but it does require some CLI knowledge.

another option would be to install Mageia onto the uSB (same as you would to the HDD) and point the bootloader to install onto the USB, not the internal HDD..

this does how-ever increase writes to the USB, and it will eventually fail.
benmc

Return to Advanced support