[SOLVED] Touchscreen Fujitsu E24-9

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

[SOLVED] Touchscreen Fujitsu E24-9

Postby mhausle » May 19th, '21, 18:18

Hello,

have a PC running as POS (point of sale) with Mageia 7 and Odoo.
Bought a Touchscreen Fujitsu E24-9 just as a try.
Screen works, touch function is active but there is a shift between the point where the finger touches and the mouse pointer.
With another screen there was a linux driver and small tool to do a calibration.
However for that screen it seems to be nothing.
It is described in an external FAQ: working with Kernel-Option (CONFIG_HID_MULTITOUCH).
Cause I'm currently on another Laptop, I can not send the output of
Code: Select all
xinput list
lspcidrake -v

as requested in another thread. But I will do so later if necessary.
Any help / advises? Thanks a lot.

BR
Matthias
Last edited by mhausle on May 21st, '21, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
mhausle

Re: Touchscreen Fujitsu E24-9

Postby doktor5000 » May 19th, '21, 21:00

Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

SOLVED: Re: Touchscreen Fujitsu E24-9

Postby mhausle » May 21st, '21, 08:29

@doktor5000
Always a pleasure to get your help, even on short notice :P , thanks.

I installed the xinput_calibrator as advised and started the tool.
However it appeared on the 1st screen - our old 19" non-touch VGA 4:3 ratio.
So I pulled that out and .... viola. With the new E24-9 Displayport 16:9 as the only one - the deviation was gone.

Both screens share the (pixel) size in the height but the 16:9 has more pixel in the width.
I did not measure with a calilper, but the deviation seems to be exact amount of pixels that the 16:9 is more wide than the 4:3.
With the single screen all is OK (what is the standard configuration here), with double screen there is that small little but bothersome issue.
Cause I did not have the time to "play", I did not test to make the touch the 1st(!) screen device and test again.
So for my usecase all is OK. I can confirm that the Fujitsu E24-9 is working out of the box as a touch screen on Mageia 8. It is connected here with Display Port (DP) and USB to and older HP Elitedesk USTD G1.

Solved (for me).
Thanks
Matthias
mhausle

Re: Touchscreen Fujitsu E24-9

Postby morgano » May 21st, '21, 15:13

Great :)
Please mark the problem solved by prepending the headline in your first post with "[SOLVED]".
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Return to Advanced support