no examples in QtCreator (Mageia 8)

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

no examples in QtCreator (Mageia 8)

Postby MikeFinch » Apr 14th, '21, 02:17

I notice that there are only two "recent" (2017) examples discussing the blank screen seen after clicking WELCOME : EXAMPLES in QtCreator. No resolution of the problem apparently?

I have the same problem in Mageia 8. I have, after 'qmake -query QT_INSTALL_EXAMPLES' in the shell : '/usr/share/qt5/examples'

So they exist in my Dolphin file system! The web instructions seem terribly complex; is there a "simple" way to display the examples (presumably all URLs)?

The TUTORIALS and MARKETPLACE menu options work perfectly.
MikeFinch

Re: no examples in QtCreator (Mageia 8)

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 14th, '21, 18:52

Hi there, this has already been reported but unfortunately not fixed:
https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=20908 and https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=21981

FWIW the examples that you queried are the normal Qt examples, which still need to be installed, they are not installed by default and also not installed with qt-creator.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Re: no examples in QtCreator (Mageia 8)

Postby MikeFinch » Apr 16th, '21, 05:03

Have just installed QtCreator in Manjaro. After a bit of fiddling ran it OK : the examples are clearly there!!

Up to Mageia to solve this one . . . it's technically beyond me but surely the expert(s) can fix this problem?
MikeFinch

Return to Advanced support