Postgres 13 and phppgadmin in Mageia 8

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

Postgres 13 and phppgadmin in Mageia 8

Postby hviaene » Apr 9th, '21, 15:00

On all previous versions of Mageia and Postgres, i have been able to use phppgadmin without fiddling with the default configuration settings.
But now I cann't get phppgadmin to connect. Just starting it immediately throws an error "Connection refused" (so I don't even get the login screen). Googling refers to "you have to allow TCP/IP connections" in postgres.conf, but apart from setting the listen address, I don't find anything conclusive on this issue.
There seem to be three configs invollved
/etc/phppgadmin/config.inf.php
/var/lib/pgsql/data/postgres.conf
/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf
But I am lost here.......
hviaene

Re: Postgres 13 and phppgadmin in Mageia 8

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 9th, '21, 17:09

It might help if you add some details - like is postgres actually running and listening, is your webserver running ?

Apart from that, you could also use pgadmin4 as an alternative which does not require a webserver.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby hviaene » Apr 9th, '21, 17:25

When entering in Firefox localhost/phppgadmin I get the login screen.. Entering a valid user and password gets me "Virtual Class - cannot instantiate".
Googling that one brings me to https://www.mageialinux-online.org/foru ... gresql.php , but I am not so comfortable with loading from github...
The solution will come around eventually.
Note: I got into this area because I could not save my gnucash data (from gnucash) to a postgres database, so it might have more ramifications than ths issue.

At doktor5000: yes, postgres and webserver are running, I can access my own internal website and I can run psql commands. And BTW, pgadmin3 ran as a separate application, but pgadmin4 does not connect either , and from its settings it displays, it refers to firefox, so i wonder.
hviaene

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 9th, '21, 20:58

Well, either you wait for it to be fixed as reported via https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28582 or you would need to apply the workaround from github.
And by the way, most programs source code comes from github these days ...
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Advanced support