Re: Nextcloud Client Error -Resolved

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

Postby brm » Feb 25th, '21, 02:34

Hi all. Is anyone using the latest Nextcloud-client 3.1.1 package?
I cannot connect to the Nextcloud server atm. The client says "There was an error accessing the token endpoint". Please refer to attachment below.
I have looked at installing an older version - but came up against unsatisfied dependencies. The dnf package manager would not accept a "downgrade" of the package either.

Using the latest Mageia 8 release candidate here.
Attachments
Nextcloud Error.png
Nextcloud Error.png (40.7 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
Last edited by brm on Feb 26th, '21, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.
brm

Re: Nextcloud Client Error

Postby morgano » Feb 25th, '21, 12:13

It is a good thing in this case downgrading is not accepted; 3.1.0 had problem - i dont think we shipped it out, and even earlier versions i think is not local database compatible. Besides, there is no earlier version in mga8...

I am running a couple instances of client 3.1.1 on Mageia 7, installed by Mageia package. I have not seen this problem. So it *should* not be on mga8 either...

Do you get this error after logging in using browser, did it report success there?

Is this is your own server? Can you check what the log say?
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Postby brm » Feb 26th, '21, 00:45

This is a new install of Mageia 8 rc. I simply put my nextcloud server IP into the client. This is not enough. The message refers to "token" endpoint - indicating so. Once I used the correct "endpoint" the client worked correclty.
https://my-ip/nextcloud was needed.
Thank you
brm

Re: Re: Nextcloud Client Error -Resolved

Postby morgano » Feb 26th, '21, 01:19

Thank you for the update.

Detail: The common method to mark issues solved is to put "[SOLVED]" at start of subject.
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Return to Advanced support