How to fix missing dependencies[SOLVED]

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

How to fix missing dependencies[SOLVED]

Postby pkoneil1 » Jan 25th, '20, 16:58

In a fight to build wine on my Mageia 7.1 system, I mass uninstalled all *devel libs and went from there. I got the wine 5.0 source rpms built from Cauldron but now find that some apps/functions do not work (Steam, System Settings). I am presuming that in removing all devel libs (which automatically removes anything dependent upon THOSE) must have removed dependencies for various apps (like Steam, System Settings, etc). How might I go about finding or fixing the missing libs other than manually hunting through the software manager and guessing?
Last edited by pkoneil1 on Jan 26th, '20, 05:17, edited 1 time in total.
pkoneil1

Re: How to fix missing dependencies

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 26th, '20, 00:19

If you have dnf installed, you could try starting with dnf check or otherwise try with
Code: Select all
rpm -Va --nodigest --nofiles --noscripts --nosignature --nolinkto --nofiledigest --nosize --nouser --nogroup --nomtime --nomode --nordev

The latter this is from our software management MAQeia
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby pkoneil1 » Jan 26th, '20, 00:40

Thank you. I believe I've got everything fixed up again and managed to get wine 5 built and installed.
pkoneil1

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 26th, '20, 05:07

Please don't forget to mark the thread solved by editing the subject of the first post and prefix it with [SOLVED], thanks in advance.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Advanced support