Manjaro OS Menu option gives kernel-panic

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

Manjaro OS Menu option gives kernel-panic

Postby MikeFinch » Aug 10th, '19, 03:34

I have tried update-grub on both my laptop and desktop computers.

It has not got rid of the inability to boot Manjaro 17.1 - I get a kernel panic message.

Is there a way to overcome this?
MikeFinch

Re: Manjaro OS Menu option gives kernel-panic

Postby ITA84 » Aug 11th, '19, 08:29

I'm assuming you've installed Mageia side by side to a Manjaro installation. I think you should provide some details about your issue. Does Mageia boot fine? Which version do you have, BIOS or UEFI? Are Mageia and Manjaro the same type of installation (32 or 64-bit)? Could you post the error message you get for the kernel panic (a picture of the screen would be ok)?
ITA84

Postby MikeFinch » Aug 13th, '19, 02:49

Thankyou ITA84

Yes side-by-side, with other OSs. Yes Mageia boots fine. My computers are pre UEFI. Both M and M are 64bit.

Attached is a photo of the error message obtained when I try to boot Manjaro.

Hope it sheds some light on my problem.
Attachments
20190813_101818.jpg
20190813_101818.jpg (4.22 MiB) Viewed 1030 times
MikeFinch

Postby ITA84 » Aug 13th, '19, 11:01

It could be an issue with the Manjaro initramfs, but I don't really know how to fix it from Mageia. If you have Manjaro installation media that also works as a rescue media you could boot into that, mount the Manjaro partition(s) and regenerate the initramfs from there, but you'll have to look up the Manjaro documentation for that
ITA84

Return to Advanced support