Mga7 Google Drive directory in Dolphin does not accept files

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

Mga7 Google Drive directory in Dolphin does not accept files

Postby Erik » Jul 6th, '19, 17:42

This week in did a clean installation of Mga7. Everyth8ng works fine, but since then I am unable in Dolphin to drop a file inthe directory "GoogleDrive" after installation and configuration with "google-drive-ocamlfuse" according to the instructions on github.

When I try to add a file, I get this error:

Kon de toegangsrechten voor '/home/erikjan/GoogleDrive/IMG-20160716-WA0001.jpg' niet wijzigen.

Translation: "I* could not change the access-rights for '/home/erikjan/GoogleDrive/IMG-20160716-WA0001.jpg' ".

I do not have this problem with Mint 19 or Rosa.

Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Greetings,

Erik.
Erik

Re: Mga7 Google Drive directory in Dolphin does not accept f

Postby doktor5000 » Jul 7th, '19, 14:03

Best try to remount it with -debug and then maybe open an issue at github.
See some more hints at https://github.com/astrada/google-drive ... issues/277
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Erik » Jul 15th, '19, 10:34

Dear Doktor,

I said that google-drive-ocamlfuse works Rosa, but this was a mistake. It does not.

Past week I read the page you gave me -- and a lot more besides -- and tried the suggestions. No luck. I gave up. I'll use Firefox to access my google drive.

I have been a fan of Mandrake, Mandriva, Mageia since 2004, and since 2006 exclusively. I am most grateful to all maintainers who spent so much energy to give us this distro. So it is a bitof a disappointment that Mageia fails me in this respect.

Last week I wondered about the maintainer of google-drive-ocamlfuse for Mageia: what does one do after building an rpm from source? Would he/she check the rpm to see if it worked? If so, it would have been clear as day that the program does not work with distributions like Mageia . He would be able to give more informed information opening an issue at github than I can ever do.

In all other respects I am very happy with this new version of my favorite distro. To all involved: thank you very much!

Erik
Erik

Postby doktor5000 » Jul 16th, '19, 23:49

Erik wrote:Last week I wondered about the maintainer of google-drive-ocamlfuse for Mageia: what does one do after building an rpm from source? Would he/she check the rpm to see if it worked? If so, it would have been clear as day that the program does not work with distributions like Mageia . He would be able to give more informed information opening an issue at github than I can ever do.

Well, Mageia consists of voluntary contributors. In this case the maintainer hasn't done anything to the package since importing it.
But there's also no bugreport open for it, so if you're interested in using it better report that as a bug, after searching if it hasn't been reported yet already: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/How_to_report_a_bug_properly
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Advanced support