[SOLVED] Need help with kernels.

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

[SOLVED] Need help with kernels.

Postby Ats » Feb 24th, '19, 16:34

Hi! I installed Mageia 6 on my laptop via classical install disk. Laptop is IBM Thinkpad T60. Installer installed kernel-server instead kernel-desktop (maybe it is correct, I don't know much about kernels). Everything is working normally. Should i install kernel-desktop and remove kernel-server or leave it as it is? I like Mageia, and it is the best choice for my laptop, I think. Please help me to figure out this little problem.
Last edited by Ats on Feb 24th, '19, 21:38, edited 3 times in total.
Ats

Re: Neec help with kernels.

Postby doktor5000 » Feb 24th, '19, 16:59

It's not a problem. You may want to read https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Kernel_flavo ... nel-server
Your laptop probably has 4GB RAM or more and it's i586, hence kernel-server was chosen.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Re: Neec help with kernels.

Postby Ats » Feb 24th, '19, 21:35

Thank you, doctor5000! I read what you suggested ad now I am a little bit smarter:)
Ats

Return to Advanced support