Help installing digital certificate

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

Help installing digital certificate

Postby christianvl » Feb 14th, '19, 19:41

I need to install two specific packages to get my digital certificate to work with brazilian courts. I'm a lawyer, I've been using Linux for a very long time, but it's been quite a long time I've been away from Mageia (actually it was Mandriva last time I've used it - and Conectiva before that!).

I need to install my digital certificate reader. Usually I do with a package I download from here https://wwws.prodemge.gov.br/instaladores-token-cartao-mac-os-e-linux. I have it working under Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and OpenSuse.

However, trying to install the RPM for Mageia 6.1 results in a series of unsolved dependencies. This is what I've done:
Code: Select all
[root@localhost christian]# urpmi /media/files/Downloads/CentOS/SafeSignIC3.0.112-x86_64-centos7-tu-admin.rpm
A requested package cannot be installed:
SafeSign_Identity_Client-3.0.112-10.x86_64 (due to unsatisfied libpng15.so.15(PNG15_0)(64bit))

[root@localhost christian]# dnf install /media/files/Downloads/CentOS/SafeSignIC3.0.112-x86_64-centos7-tu-admin.rpm
Last metadata expiration check: 6:46:02 ago on Thu 14 Feb 2019 08:34:01 AM -02.
Error:
 Problem: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libcrypto.so.10()(64bit) needed by SafeSign_Identity_Client-3.0.112-10.x86_64

I've tried to locate similar names for those packages and to ignore the dependencies, but nothing was installed. I can try to download the dependencies from other sources, but that's something I'd like to avoid.

After that I would install the certificates chain (from https://www.iti.gov.br/navegadores/mozilla-firefox, configure the card reader under crypto devices in Firefox's security menu and then the Court's firefox plugin. The problem is that the driver for the card reader (the first RPM mentioned) is not installed and I can't use it...

Can someone help here?
christianvl

Re: Help installing digital certificate

Postby doktor5000 » Feb 15th, '19, 02:25

You can try to install that package with
urpmi --allow-nodeps
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby christianvl » Feb 16th, '19, 02:28

Thank you for answering. I could force install the package, but nothing changes. The smartcard reader would still not work. I've extracted the "driver" (it's a .so file - libaetpkss.so) from the package, copied it to usr/lib and:

# ldconfig -n -v /usr/lib

I've also found matching packages for the ones I've used in Ubuntu (at least the closest I could find in the official Mageia repo). Now I do have PCSCD working and with

# service pcscd start

I can get the smartcard to read my digital certificate.

However, I still can't load the Security Module within Firefox, I get an error message "Unable to add module" (preferences > privacy & security > security devices > load > libaetpkss.so from usr/lib - ). Therefore, the Firefox plugin I need from the Court won't recognize the smartcard.
christianvl

Postby doktor5000 » Feb 16th, '19, 18:43

christianvl wrote:However, I still can't load the Security Module within Firefox, I get an error message "Unable to add module" (preferences > privacy & security > security devices > load > libaetpkss.so from usr/lib - ).

Could it be that you have a 64 bit installation, and that this driver is a 32bit module? Check e.g. some similar threads as https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/752709
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby christianvl » Feb 18th, '19, 19:45

No, I don't think that's it... it's the same driver file I'm using with Ubuntu and Fedora, both 64bit. Thank you for pointing me in the direction of Mozilla support. Sadly, those posts are a few years long (2011) and were written toward Windows users. I'll try to install Chrome/Chromium and see how it goes.
christianvl

Postby christianvl » Feb 21st, '19, 01:58

No luck with Chromium too. I've decided to try to reinstall all the packages using the rpm command instead of urpmi. Had to setup sudo for that (I was getting error messages installing the RPM file with the rpm command). Still, can't get it to work. Firefox won't load the module an Chromium does not detect it either...
christianvl

Return to Advanced support