Grub Loading stage1.5. internal error : The second sector of

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

Grub Loading stage1.5. internal error : The second sector of

Postby Goro_Daimon » Sep 18th, '18, 02:26

I upgraded from Mageia 5 to Mageia 6 but this mensagem shows when I boot my computer. I can't boot on my usb stick. How to boot in this error mensage? Help me!
Goro_Daimon

Re: Grub Loading stage1.5. internal error : The second secto

Postby wintpe » Oct 9th, '18, 00:05

you did not describe how you carried out the upgrade, or anything else useful to us helpers to set the scene, another it just dont work post.
we are left guessing how you arrived at the state you are in.

theres a post "help us to help you", please read it.

whats your hardware, was it a dual boot with windows, how did you origionaly install mageia 5.

but assuming the upgrade suggested it was complete, i would recommend doing what i suggest
anyone does when there are issues with their mageia install, either black screen or just wont boot.

boot from the mageia 6 installation dvd drive, as if you were installing from scratch, and then when it proceeds onto installing mageia it will detect that there is already an install on the system , it may report its already mageia 6, or it might report its still mageia 5.

either way take the option to upgrade again, do not proceed if the upgrade option is not given.

it should be a very fast upgrade , and flip though to the end as it will see everything is already there, and then complete the bit at the end thats not completed, ie upgrading grub to grub2.

if it does not offer the option of upgrade and goes into disk partitioning then abort.

boot the system off the dvd in safe mode and then backup anything important as the upgrade has failed , i cant suggest why without further insite into your system..

this will need further investigation.

hopefully if the second upgrade run corrects the grub install then you will be on your way, if not report back.

regards peter
Redhat 6 Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Sometimes my posts will sound short, or snappy, however its realy not my intention to offend, so accept my apologies in advance.
wintpe

Return to Advanced support