Mageia 6 -- task manager trouble

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

Mageia 6 -- task manager trouble

Postby mla » Jul 30th, '17, 15:34

In trying to arrange the panel to my satisfaction, I accidentally clicked on "Remove this Icons-only Task Manager. This hung the desktop. Cursor moving fine, but any clicks on anything on the desktop have no effect. Had to crash the session.

On trying to repeat it, to see how reproducible the effect was (it is!), something very odd happened. The task manager plonked itself on the desktop, obscuring some of the icons, rendering them unreachable. There appears no way to move it and removing it again hangs the desktop.

How to I get rid of the blasted thing? I attach a snaphot of the part of the screen, showing the empty task manager. The large Firefox icon underneath the white-ish square is also a part of the task manager display.
Attachments
Screenshot_20170730_143143.png
Screenshot_20170730_143143.png (81.24 KiB) Viewed 795 times
mla

Return to Advanced support