Virtualbox update (5.1.18) problems

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

Virtualbox update (5.1.18) problems

Postby aselluza » Mar 27th, '17, 00:16

Some weeks ago I installed Virtualbox update, 5.1.18, with all kernel updates in Mageia 5. When I run Virtualbox cursor gives some problems (it becomes useless), you can not click to minimize, close or any menu options, you can enter virtual machine (for me, Windows XP), but once inside it you have the same problem with the cursor, you can not click anything. The only way to leave virtual machine and go back to linux, if you are in complete screen mode, is using ctrl+alt+del to restart the computer or ctrl-alt-back to close linux sesion. You can not use even ctrl+alt+esc to kill virtualbox. Today I updated to the last kernel (kernel-desktop-4.4.55-1.mga), with the same Virtualbox 5.1.18 and the issue is still there. I had to go back to Virtualbox 5.0.2 (as Virtualbox 5.1.10 and its kernel modules, which worked fine, are no longer available at repositories, a very bad idea) running and older kernel (kernel-desktop-3.19.8-3.mga5). I hope it can be fixed so I can update to the last Virtualbox version and use last kernel...
thanx
aselluza

Return to Advanced support