(SOLVED)Problem with os-prober in grub2

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

(SOLVED)Problem with os-prober in grub2

Postby rc10b » Jan 31st, '17, 19:42

I've just carried out a DVD install of Mageia 5.1 onto the sda5 partition of my laptop's HDD which also contains Windows 10 partitions on sda1, sda2 and sda3.
During the setting up of the boot system I chose Grub 2 with a graphical menu. At no point did I have an opportunity to review the menu and so I couldn't choose my main W10 partition, sda3. After the reboot the grub menu showed that the os-prober had chosen sda2, a Recovery partition and not what I wanted. I could subsequently see in /boot/grub2/grub.cfg that this was the case. I need to change it to sda3 but I can't figure out how to force os-prober to do this. Is there a way to do this or do I have to resort to manually editing files ? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA, Steve
EDIT: 01feb17
I didn't realise that the Recovery partition on sda2 is what boots W10 on sda3, so I am able to to select W10 from the Grub2 menu. Marked as SOLVED.
rc10b

Return to Advanced support