Mageia on Asus GL752vw

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

Mageia on Asus GL752vw

Postby rychok » Apr 8th, '16, 04:17

I have been running Linux for some time, and usually had no problems buying hardware compatible with Linux.
Someone made me a gift- Asus GL752, so I have some fun now.
First I have tried Mageia5-,without updates at end of installation will not boot, with kernel 4.1.5 everything seems to work except touchpad (not recognized, also during installation process). and video card switching, after installations of bumblebee Xserver will not start. I have already re-installed MAgeia5 few times, firs time I did not have desktop effects, but next installations were fine.
To get my touchpad working I added testing repos and installed kernel 4.4.5, with this kernel touchpad is working but Intel video card with desktop effects looks no good (lots of distortions) installation of bumblebee is making Xserver unusable. Same with kernel 4.4.6 that my system was updated to after yesterday's new installation, with addition of not working Intel wireless, and hanging MCC on hardware detection.
I have also tried Mageia 6 alpha, everything seems to work (I have not tried bumblebee ), but booth takes a lot of time (M2 SATA drive), but system is stopping working from time to time, can not be cleanly shut down, and a lot of programs on KDE (Plasma 5) are not working

I will appreciate any help or suggestions, Does anyone have any experience with this or similar hardware?
rychok

Return to Advanced support