AMD A10-7860 Godavari OpenCL support how?

This forum is dedicated to advanced help and support :

Ask here your questions about advanced usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about network and automated installs, complex server configurations, kernel tuning, creating your own Mageia mirrors, and all tasks likely to be touchy even for skilled users.

AMD A10-7860 Godavari OpenCL support how?

Postby jaywalker » Apr 14th, '18, 15:30

I have just installed this new APU to get some advantage from OpenCL render acceleration in Blender, but I am now a little confused how to proceed.

The machine has a fully updated Mageia 6 which was powered by an AMD A10-5600 (or maybe 5800) until today. I used to use an Nvidia graphics card to provide CUDA acceleration, but I had to remove it to get access to the short PCIE socket for another soundcard (long story, don't ask or I may tell yo the whole thing).

The Godavari version of the A10 is a re-engineered Kaveri, and purportedly supports OpenCL 2.0. Problem is, Mageia hardware detection for XFdrake seems to think it is Kaveri and does not offer amdgpu as a possible driver.

Am I correct in thinking that I need the amdgpu driver to get OpenCL working on this APU?
jaywalker

Return to Advanced support