eee pc support ?

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

eee pc support ?

Postby pythaboc » May 24th, '11, 19:18

i everyone from mageia community
I would like first apologies about my bad english language.
I am a recent user of linux, now i use ubuntu but i would like to try something different distribution, and i see that mageia appears recently.
my question about this distribution is does eeepc and their weak intel processor are supported ? because i have some problem with graphic controller(little screen 10 inch on one hand and some freeze on other hand ) . Does that appear if i will use this distribution ? in clear does atom processor and gma graphic card are supported ?

thanks to answer me
sincerely
clement
pythaboc

Re: eee pc support ?

Postby obgr_seneca » May 24th, '11, 23:02

I don't have an eeepc, butmy samsung n130 should be almost the same (when you look at the main components). Mageia is running fine on it with GNOME and KDE.
So it should run fine on the eeepc, too.

Oliver
Linux - free choice for free people
obgr_seneca

Postby winstonteacox » May 24th, '11, 23:08

Mageia is running fine on two eeepc 901 here. And also on an asus XR52whatever Laptop ... and on two desktops .... it seems to run everywhere ...
;)
Bernd
Now after my words of profound wisdom, I'm going back to procrastinating.
winstonteacox

Postby pythaboc » May 25th, '11, 07:36

thanks for your answer, i will wait 7 day to try it
:)

clement
pythaboc

Return to Basic support