Installer program

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

Installer program

Postby mgsAbfnc » May 19th, '11, 13:45

I've been installing every new version of Mageia that came out since Beta 1 on a virtual machine, from the Dual Arch CD iso.

On the instalation process, when you get to the screen where you select the packages you want (KDE, Gnome, Developing Tools, etc.), the selections you make are not installed, no matter what you choose.

I've managed to install KDE only after the installation ends and the system restarts.

I don't know wether this happens on the other .iso's.

Could you please correct this?

Mageia is becomming something very good!

Thanks.
mgsAbfnc

Re: Installer program

Postby jkerr82508 » May 19th, '11, 14:46

The dual-arch CD is intended for expert users who wish to install a minimal system. KDE and Gnome are not included, but appear as options because the dual-arch uses the standard installer. If you add online sources during installation you should be able to install KDE or Gnome using the dual-arch CD.

The DVD includes both Gnome and KDE. Separate live CD's are produced for KDE and Gnome.

Jim
jkerr82508

Re: Installer program

Postby mgsAbfnc » May 19th, '11, 15:45

Ok.

Thank you for your reply.
mgsAbfnc

Return to Basic support