[SOLVED] iphone - how to mount?

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[SOLVED] iphone - how to mount?

Postby gaia14 » Dec 22nd, '11, 15:24

Hi,
I am new here and I recently installed mageia on my computer (I had ubuntu before). I am having trouble finding how to access my iphone4 in mageia; I have
gvfs-iphone-1.6.7-2.mga1, lib64imobiledevice1-1.0.6-1.mga1, lib64usbmuxd1-1.0.7-1.mga1...
I plug it in the usb, and can see it listed when I type in usb-devices, but it doesn't seem to be mounted...
Does anyone know how to do?
Thanks!
gaia14

Re: iphone - how to mount?

Postby rolltide101x » Dec 22nd, '11, 23:45

They say gaming ruined my life. Good thing I have 2 extra lives Image

Bow before me, for I am ROOT
rolltide101x

Postby gaia14 » Dec 23rd, '11, 13:38

Ah, yes, installing it and then following instructions here, I could access it:
http://ingvar.blog.redpill-linpro.com/2 ... fedora-12/

Thanks!
gaia14

Postby rolltide101x » Dec 23rd, '11, 23:58

No problem, glad to help
They say gaming ruined my life. Good thing I have 2 extra lives Image

Bow before me, for I am ROOT
rolltide101x

Re: [SOLVED] iphone - how to mount?

Postby woody63 » Jul 5th, '12, 23:25

Hi all, I'm new to Mageia but have previously been using Mandriva for many years.

I'm trying to installed relevant iphone s/w packages in order to connect up my wife's iphone.

I've aleady installed all the key software packages bar the ifuse package.

When trying to install the ifuse (x86_64) rpm from Mandriva, it is returning the following error:

Some reguested packages cannot be installed:
ifuse-1.1.1-1.x86_64 (due to unsatisfied libimobiledevice.so.1()(64bit))

Any idea how to resolve this problem please?

thx

7/7/12 -update. Ok, i've managed to solve the above dependence issue by installing relevant RPMs..

thx
woody63

Postby KeithW » Nov 21st, '12, 08:52

rolltide101x wrote:Maybe try the Mandriva package here
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/searc ... uery=ifuse

I just installed Mageia and I am also not able to access through my iPhone 4S, which is paired with my Residential Voip. I have looked into the Mandriva package, but I am still not able to access. Is there anything else you suggest I can do? I need some help here. Thanks!
Last edited by KeithW on Nov 27th, '12, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
KeithW

Re: [SOLVED] iphone - how to mount?

Postby woody63 » Nov 23rd, '12, 14:01

Hi KeithW, It's been some time since I worked on this and my recollection is a bit sketchy so apologies if the following is a bit of a jumble of ideas.

I've not been fully successful in achieving full access to the iphone, but i'll happily pass on what I know.

At present I've got an Iphone connected to Mageia 2 and I can access (by selecting Camera when you plug the iphone into your usb port) the contents (e.g. photos etc) in the Camera / USB PTP Class Camera folder and below. However, I've not been able to access the Apple iphone 3GS (PTP mode) folder.

I don't have any instructions to hand for my Mageia install, but the following is a copy and paste of some instructions I noted down when I last tried to do this in Mandriva and as far as i can recall they only partially worked. (I probably would have installed the Mageia equivalents for current system).

installed libimobiledevice-1.0.6-1.mdv2011. (x86_64) (for iphone & ipod connectivity)
installed ifuse-1.1.1-1mdv2011 (x86_64)
installed gtkpod-2.0.2-?mdv2011.0. (x86_64) (for sync music with iphone/ipod)
useful cmds (ideviceinfo)

I used the following articles to help me so you may also find them useful:

http://everydaylht.com/howtos/desktop/i ... -on-linux/
http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=89733.0
pclosmag.com/html/Issues/201106/page01.html (may no longer work, but i have a copy of he page stored on my PC if you need a copy).

I hope this helps, good luck.
woody63

Return to Basic support