[SOLVED] Would Mageia 8 support a cryptocurrency wallet

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[SOLVED] Would Mageia 8 support a cryptocurrency wallet

Postby harkelyn » Sep 5th, '21, 19:53

I have Mageia 8 installed and working smoothly on a 64-bit laptop. I have never tried to use any "non-official" Linux application in Mageia; every installed package arrived through drakrpm/Control Center. Recently though, I've been considering the possibility of installing a desktop cryptocurrency wallet. Have been looking at two preferred choices, the names of which I'd rather not post in this forum.

Choice #1 offers their Linux app as both .deb and .zip files

Choice #2 offers download of a Redhat/CentOS .rpm file, and also a Linux Standalone .tar.gz file

Is any of this compatible with Mageia 8? If so, what is the recommended procedure for installation? Thank you!
Last edited by harkelyn on Sep 5th, '21, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
harkelyn

Re: Would Mageia 8 support a cryptocurrency wallet

Postby harkelyn » Sep 5th, '21, 20:40

That explains it! Thank you.
harkelyn

Return to Basic support