[SOLVED] Mageia 7.1 PHP 7.4.1 dynamic libraries not loaded

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[SOLVED] Mageia 7.1 PHP 7.4.1 dynamic libraries not loaded

Postby flink » Aug 4th, '21, 17:04

I have installed Apache and PHP under Mageia 7.1.
When I run the command

Code: Select all
php --verson

then I get these error messages:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'filter' (tried: /usr/lib/php/extensions/filter (/usr/lib/php/extensions/filter: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/extensions/filter.so (/usr/lib/php/extensions/filter.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

See the attached file for all error messages.

apache-mod_php-7.4.21-1.mga7

$ rpm -ql apache-mod_php

/etc/httpd/conf/modules.d/70_mod_php.conf
/usr/lib/.build-id
/usr/lib/.build-id/ca
/usr/lib/.build-id/ca/a9cd25a9b4398ef9840394cef83bb192fef60b
/usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_php.so
Attachments
Fehler-php.txt
(8.63 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Last edited by flink on Aug 4th, '21, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
flink

Re: Mageia 7.1 PHP 7.4.1 dynamic libraries not loaded

Postby flink » Aug 4th, '21, 17:35

I have seen that the php.ini for i586 has been installed, and not the x86_64 one. So I have removed all php packages.

Now I want to install the correct one, but I get this error message:

Sorry, the following package cannot be selected:

- apache-mod_php-7.3.29-1.mga7.x86_64

sudo urpmi apache-mod_php

The following package cannot be installed because it depends on packages
that are older than the installed ones:
apache-mod_php-7.3.29-1.mga7
Continue installation anyway? (Y/n)
flink

Postby sturmvogel » Aug 4th, '21, 18:12

You had the core backports media enabled to install apache-mod_php-7.4.21-1.mga7. So you have to downgrade all dependencies from the backports media to install apache-mod_php-7.3.29-1.mga7. That means if you have any of these packages http://sophie.zarb.org/distrib/Mageia/7/i586/by-pkgid/c06b97955d491300f25d55cba2951e65 installed, you have to downgrade them.

Or enable the backports media again and you should be able to install the x86_64 version.

And you should consider to upgrade your Mageia to version 8, because 7 is no longer maintained nor supported.
sturmvogel

Postby flink » Aug 4th, '21, 22:16

sturmvogel wrote:You had the core backports media enabled to install apache-mod_php-7.4.21-1.mga7.
Or enable the backports media again and you should be able to install the x86_64 version.

Good point!

sudo urpmi apache-mod_php

Marking apache-mod_php as manually installed, it won't be auto-orphaned
writing /var/lib/rpm/installed-through-deps.list

$MIRRORLIST: media/core/backports/apache-mod_php-7.4.21-1.mga7.x86_64.rpm
installing apache-mod_php-7.4.21-1.mga7.x86_64.rpm from /var/cache/urpmi/rpms
Preparing... ################################################################################################
1/1: apache-mod_php ################################################################################################

sturmvogel wrote:And you should consider to upgrade your Mageia to version 8, because 7 is no longer maintained nor supported.

I cannot upgrade to Mageia 8 for a long time. I need to use PHP 7.4. I can absolutely not use PHP 8.
flink

Postby flink » Aug 4th, '21, 22:19

sudo urpmi php

In order to satisfy the 'php-fpm|php-cli|php-cgi|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cli|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cli|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-cli|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-cli|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-cli|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cli|php-cgi|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-fpm|php-cli|php-cgi|php-cli|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-cli|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-cli|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-fpm|php-cli|php-cgi|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cli|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cli|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-cli|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-cli|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-cli|php-cgi|php-cli|php-fpm|php-cgi|php-fpm|php-cli' dependency, one of the following packages is needed:
1- php-cli-7.4.21-1.mga7.x86_64: PHP CLI interface (to install)
2- php-fpm-7.4.21-1.mga7.x86_64: PHP FastCGI Process Manager (to install)
What is your choice? (1-2) 1
Marking php-cli as manually installed, it won't be auto-orphaned
writing /var/lib/rpm/installed-through-deps.list

$MIRRORLIST: media/core/backports/php-cli-7.4.21-1.mga7.x86_64.rpm
installing php-cli-7.4.21-1.mga7.x86_64.rpm from /var/cache/urpmi/rpms
Preparing... ################################################################################################
1/1: php-cli ################################################################################################
php --version

PHP 7.4.21 (cli) (built: Jun 29 2021 16:12:19) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies

Now it works!
:D
flink

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 4th, '21, 22:53

flink wrote:I cannot upgrade to Mageia 8 for a long time. I need to use PHP 7.4. I can absolutely not use PHP 8.

Why not? There are solutions for that: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=14038
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Basic support