Hello everyone

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

Hello everyone

Postby kckit » Jul 15th, '21, 08:12

Hi I would like to install Mageia but first I was wondering if torguard was available in the repos. I tried PCLinuxOS and they do not have it.

Have a nice day and thank you in advance for your reply.
Last edited by isadora on Jul 15th, '21, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved into appropriate sub-forum
kckit

Re: Hello everyone

Postby sturmvogel » Jul 15th, '21, 09:46

According to our App database https://madb.mageia.org/ this package is not in our repos.

But you don't need this package if you want to use a VPN under Mageia. There are also other ways described in our wiki
https://doc.mageia.org/mcc/3/en/content/drakvpn.html.
Torguard also provides OpenVPN servers.
sturmvogel

Postby doktor5000 » Jul 15th, '21, 17:32

FWIW, no other distro provides torguard. Simply because it's not licensed under an opensource license and does not allow redistribution, and the source code is also not available.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby jiml8 » Jul 16th, '21, 07:30

Vidalia is available. What else do you need?
jiml8

Postby jiml8 » Jul 16th, '21, 07:36

Oh, I see. Torguard is a VPN service, not associated with TOR. So disregard my previous comment...at least mostly; if you want TOR use Vidalia.

You would get a Linux Torguard client from Torguard. You won't find it in any repos.

All that said, from what I see of Torguard's features, I would recommend other VPN services. That, however, is your choice to make. Personally, I use ProtonVPN.
jiml8

Return to Basic support