menulibre

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

menulibre

Postby fadi » Jun 7th, '21, 16:49

I have megeia xfce and lxde alongside it. I usually use menulibre to edit some menu items in xfce to make them visible in lxde menu, it usually works in other distros. In megeia though, it resulted in making the menu not visible . Please test menulibre by editing some menu items in xfce to your liking and see what will happen. I do not think it is well tested or well integrated into the system.
fadi

Re: menulibre

Postby doktor5000 » Jun 7th, '21, 16:58

Which menu entries did you edit in particular, and what did you change ?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby fadi » Jun 7th, '21, 17:40

xfce window manager ,window tweaks and workspace . I clicked on advanced and added LXDE to XFCE in only shown in to make them visible in lxde.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-06-07 17-33-39.png
Screenshot from 2021-06-07 17-33-39.png (105.66 KiB) Viewed 541 times
fadi

Postby sturmvogel » Jun 7th, '21, 18:42

I can't reproduce your problem. I opened menulibre in a XFCE session. For "xfce window manager ,window tweaks and workspace" i added additionally under "Only show in" LXDE. And all three menu entrys show up in a LXDE session, under settings. You should check your start menu under LXDE. There is now a new "folder" named "Settings" with all 3 entries.

If they don't show up you have maybe screwed your installation.

fadi wrote:I do not think it is well tested or well integrated into the system.

Well...naughty!
sturmvogel

Postby fadi » Jun 7th, '21, 20:00

And your xfce menu loaded properly! It did not in my case
fadi

Postby benmc » Jun 7th, '21, 21:24

fadi wrote:I do not think it is well tested or well integrated into the system.

if you feel that it is not well tested, you are welcome to join QA to ensure that it is => https://wiki.mageia.org/en/QA_Team.
benmc

Return to Basic support