[SOLVED] Mag8 Plasma Selecting one of multiple open windows

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[SOLVED] Mag8 Plasma Selecting one of multiple open windows

Postby DiBosco » May 23rd, '21, 17:36

On Mageia 8 when using Plasma, if you click on a program in the task bar it no longer pops up giving you the option to select which one of the multiple windows you want to look at. It just cycles through all of the open instances which is most unhelpful when you have, like, a million Okular windows open! :D Is there any way to stop this and go back to the old method?
Last edited by DiBosco on May 23rd, '21, 18:53, edited 2 times in total.
DiBosco

Re: Mageia 8 Plasma Slecting one of multiple opn windows

Postby sturmvogel » May 23rd, '21, 18:15

No clue what you mean with 'old behaviour' but maybe this helps:https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14087
sturmvogel

Re: Mageia 8 Plasma Slecting one of multiple opn windows

Postby DiBosco » May 23rd, '21, 18:31

Yes, that's exactly what I'm on about. :-) You did know what I mean. ;-)

I finally found what I need after a load of trial and error with your pointer.

On the English version you need to right click on a running app, select more options, configure task manager, then behaviour within the dialogue box.

Danke schön! :-)
DiBosco

Return to Basic support