[SOLVED} Vivaldi Web Browser On Mageia 8

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[SOLVED} Vivaldi Web Browser On Mageia 8

Postby Germ » Apr 11th, '21, 00:24

Got a pleasant surprise this morning. mgaapplett told me that Mageia 8 was available so I upgraded. Everything seems great except Vivaldi browser will not start.

I uninstalled it and installed the latest release. Same problem. I click on Vivaldi and get a little hard drive activity then nothing.

Does anyone package Vivaldi for Mageia 8? The only thing I have been able to find is the rpm from Vivaldi. Any ideas?

This is what I get in a terminal:
Code: Select all
[germ@localhost ~]$ vivaldi

(vivaldi:3427): Gtk-WARNING **: 17:18:57.643: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:2:33: Failed to import: Error opening file /home/germ/.config/gtk-3.0/window_decorations.css: No such file or directory
libva error: /usr/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so init failed
[3464:3464:0410/171901.776710:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(374)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
../../chromium/sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0403
../../chromium/sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0403
[3427:3427:0410/171906.574364:ERROR:vivaldi_ui_web_contents_delegate.cc(42)] UI Process abnormally terminates with status 3 after running for 2.14861 seconds!
[3427:3427:0410/171906.641219:ERROR:vivaldi_ui_web_contents_delegate.cc(73)] Quiting Vivaldi
../../chromium/sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall ../../chromium/sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0403
../../chromium/sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall ../../chromium/sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0403
[germ@localhost ~]$
Starting in 1999: Mandrake > Mandriva > Mageia
Linux User #274693
Germ

Re: Vivaldi Web Browser On Mageia 8

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 11th, '21, 01:07

Have a look at https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/53399/c ... rm64-armhf
Does it start if you run it with vivaldi --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox ?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Re: Vivaldi Web Browser On Mageia 8

Postby Germ » Apr 11th, '21, 02:16

Yes, that works.

Thank you! :mrgreen:
Starting in 1999: Mandrake > Mandriva > Mageia
Linux User #274693
Germ

Return to Basic support