DNF repo control

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

DNF repo control

Postby Sabungayam » Mar 25th, '21, 08:38

:?: I initially installed the Mageia 8 beta. I have been running it and except for a few odds. It has really run well.
Now the release is out I see, and I have set URPMI to the stable repos using the commands in the update from 7.

I just want my DNF to be on the same stable 8 release repos. It is not happening. It is set for Cauldron. I can't find any instructions for how to change that.

I tried an UNINSTALL of DNF and DNF DRAGORA then reinstall with Package control on Stable 8 but I still have the same options. When I select just Mageia from DNF Dragora it then tries to do Mageia 9?

So, what are the commands and the repos for Mageia 8 stable and where do I find them? Thanks...
Sabungayam

Re: DNF repo control

Postby Bequimao » Mar 25th, '21, 15:24

see here
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13270

Just enable and disable the repos the other way round.

Greetings
Bequimão
Bequimao

Postby morgano » Mar 26th, '21, 01:36

Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Postby Sabungayam » Mar 27th, '21, 09:59

Thank you both for the quick replies. I started with:

Using_DNF

But either I don't understand it or I just don't get it.

I went into the DNF Dragora and I did disable the Cauldron repos. Enabled the "Mageia" Repos. What it gave me when it was updating was Mageia 9.

Not Mageia 8.

After that I tried this command

Code: Select all
dnf system-upgrade --releasever 8 download --allowerasing

Apparently it may have in a recent update grabbed some Cauldron rpms. It says it will downgrade some packages.

I will report after, reboot. It says that transaction test succeeded so everything should be fine.
Sabungayam

Postby doktor5000 » Mar 27th, '21, 17:13

Would be helpful if you would have mentioned what you have in /etc/mageia-release and which versions of the packages mageia-repos and mageia-release-common you have installed.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Sabungayam » Apr 27th, '21, 08:27

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions on how to make sure DNF was also matching what URPMI was doing. Per my last POST what I typed from the Wiki for upgrading to Mageia 8 is what worked.

Initially I did TRY changing and enabling the repos in Dragora but, it did not take. I would come back and look and it always reset itself back to Cauldron as this install was one of the Betas of Mageia 8.

So now I know to do that to make sure DNF will follow.

My Background is Debian, not Ubuntu though I hear it's basically the same command wise, so Repos are handled differently there. I am not familiar with DNF at all really.

But if there is a way to mark this as solved, where is it?

Sorry for such a very long time to reply and check this post. I have had my work essentially doubled and don't have much time.

Someone mentioned looking in /etc/mageia-release

I was unaware until that comment to look there or even what they are pertaining to DNF. Thanks for that info.
Sabungayam

Postby isadora » Apr 27th, '21, 11:07

You can do so, by editing the subject/title in the first message in this topic.
Write [SOLVED] to the left of subject/title, thanks ahead. ;)
..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Return to Basic support