[Solved] LibreOffice

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[Solved] LibreOffice

Postby Sigurd » Sep 24th, '20, 16:22

Hello,
how can I install the newest version of LibreOffice from file? When I unpack it and go into the RPM folder and start the Konsole, it won't accept the order "sudo urpmi *.rpm". Sudo is an unknown order. So how can I install Libreoffice?
Kind regards
Sigurd
Last edited by Sigurd on Sep 25th, '20, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
Sigurd

Re: LibreOffice

Postby doktor5000 » Sep 24th, '20, 18:34

Hi there,

change to root using su and then use the same command without prefixing it with sudo.
Otherwise you would need to configure sudo: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Configuring_sudo

Apart from that, why would you want to install the newest version? Because if you already having issues installing it, updating it regularly might cause even more issues ...
I'd say if you really want the newest version, better install it as flatpak: https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.li ... ibreOffice
As that way you also get updates via flatpak.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Sigurd » Sep 24th, '20, 19:08

Hi Dr.5000
I just have changed from Kubuntu to Mageia. So, some things I not yet know how to do them here.
I have downloaded the flatpack file from your link you provided above. What have I to do with it?
Kind regards
Sigurd
Sigurd

Postby doktor5000 » Sep 24th, '20, 22:11

Hi there, flatpak usage is the same for all distros. You also don't need to download the file.
Have a look at https://flatpak.org/setup/Mageia/ for the basic setup and then at the bottom of the libreoffice flatpak page:
Code: Select all
flatpak install flathub org.libreoffice.LibreOfficecontent_copy
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Sigurd » Sep 25th, '20, 12:21

Hi doktor5000,

I have installed "sudo" and "dnf". Then I have installed flatpack with sudo. But I cannot install flathub that you provided. Please have a look at the attached screenshot.

Kind regards
Sigurd
Attachments
Screenshot_20200925_121625.jpg
Screenshot_20200925_121625.jpg (175.9 KiB) Viewed 809 times
Sigurd

Postby doktor5000 » Sep 25th, '20, 14:51

No need to post text output as screenshot, as that's not searchable.

Sorry but that was a copy&paste issue with the flathub website, try again without the "content_copy" at the end.

Code: Select all
flatpak install flathub org.libreoffice.LibreOffice
----
doktor5000

Return to Basic support