[SOLVED] Install package rpm Failed

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[SOLVED] Install package rpm Failed

Postby MvR270 » Aug 4th, '20, 11:29

Hi everyone

I am news of mageia and i have this problem :

1 ONLYOFFICE e OPERA BROWSER

I'm trying to install to install this software but I get this error message: "incompatible architecture for rpm file"
is there anyone who can help me?

2 The sofware ONLY OFFICE is also present in the flatpak but also in this case it is not possible to install, I have tried to install other softwares too but I can't, can someone explain to me how the flatpak works with mageia?

thank's
Last edited by MvR270 on Aug 5th, '20, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
MvR270

Re: Install package rpm Failed

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 4th, '20, 16:56

Hi there,
would be appreciated if you could provide some more information. What exactly did you download, and how did you try to install it?
"incompatible architecture" usually means that your installed system does not match with the RPM you downloaded.
As an example, you have installed a 32bit Mageia (i586) and try to install a 64bit RPM package, which is technically not possible.

For the question about flatpak, same thing - how exactly did you try to install onlyoffice as a flatpak, and what error message do you get ?
The basic setup for flatpak is shown at https://flatpak.org/setup/Mageia/ and the installation is the same for every distribution,
as shown at the bottom of https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.on ... topeditors
Code: Select all
flatpak install flathub org.onlyoffice.desktopeditors
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby MvR270 » Aug 5th, '20, 15:09

Hi Doktor5000

Thanks for your answer and forgive my bad english

First of all, my Target is to install ONLYOFFICE and OPERA BROWSER.

Sorry for the delay of my answer but since at the beginning I also thought about the diversity of architecture (32 or 64 bit) I wanted to make some checks and be sure of what I was writing, however the error occurred in both installations both 32 and 64 bit, last night I did a further test and I installed the 64 bit version 8.0 with the result that now with every attempt to install I have an error message that is no longer that of the previous installations on the other hand changes with each new attempt, the last one in chronological order is the following: "some of the requested packages cannot be installed because the DEJAVU-SERIF-FONTS criterion is not met" but careful it is not said that this is the only one at the next attempt I could have a different answer.
And this also happens with OPERA BROWSER.

As for the installation of the programs from FLATPAK, the page you indicated to me I already knew and I followed the instructions but without getting anything everything goes correctly but the program does not start, nothing zero without any error message and in any case if you read at the bottom of the page there is this message: "Note: graphical installation of Flatpak apps may not be possible with Mageia".
At this point I should be able to install programs from Konsole but honestly not knowing mageia I am not able to do it.
MvR270

Postby MvR270 » Aug 5th, '20, 16:00

Hi Doktor5000

Excuse me only now I noticed the code you indicated to me I spent a lot of time for a useless answer, I focused on the answer and I didn't look at the instruction

Thank you for your kindness you have been really kind but above all useful.

thanks again
MvR270

Postby doktor5000 » Aug 5th, '20, 17:10

MvR270 wrote:"some of the requested packages cannot be installed because the DEJAVU-SERIF-FONTS criterion is not met"

That is because you are trying to install an RPM built for a different distribution where packages are called differently.
The only thing to install something like that is to try ignoring dependencies, although for every dependency that you ignore you have to ensure manual that the corresponding package is installed.
You can do that as root with (where you obviously need to replace packagename with the actual name of the package you are trying to install)

urpmi --allow-nodeps packagename.rpm

MvR270 wrote:At this point I should be able to install programs from Konsole but honestly not knowing mageia I am not able to do it.

Well, how did you try to install it ? Please post the actual command you used, including the output.

This is what it looks like here, installation and start of onlyoffice as an example:

[doktor5000@Mageia7]─[17:02:00]─[~] sudo flatpak install flathub org.onlyoffice.desktopeditors
Looking for matches…

org.onlyoffice.desktopeditors permissions:
ipc network pulseaudio wayland x11 devices file access [1]

[1] xdg-desktop, xdg-documents, xdg-download, xdg-pictures, xdg-videos

ID Zweig Op Remote Download
1. [✓] org.onlyoffice.desktopeditors stable i flathub 239,9 MB / 267,5 MB

Installation complete.
[doktor5000@Mageia7]─[17:07:30]─[~] flatpak run org.onlyoffice.desktopeditors
Gtk-Message: 17:07:41.033: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
[doktor5000@Mageia7]─[17:07:46]─[~]

It starts just fine, the message at the bottom is just cosmetic and not an issue.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Basic support