AMD Bug

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

AMD Bug

Postby dwhite » Feb 10th, '20, 18:14

It's been a while, but now I've found a REAL problem. Installing the update slowed my system to a crawl one could even say it was Frozen. Its a gigabyte board AMD CPU It was a Radion R7 Graphcs card
Now I've assembled a GA 320M-H AMD Chip and an ASUS Geforce GT 710
dwhite

Re: AMD Bug

Postby jiml8 » Feb 10th, '20, 18:29

...and what is the bug? I use AMD CPUs all the time. This workstation has an FX-8370 in it.

I don't use Radeon cards because support for nvidia is much better. I also use Asus rather than Gigabyte motherboards because of a run of bad gigabytes I had years ago.

But I am not aware of any bug that would cause a gigabyte/AMD/radeon combo to not install a system and boot.
jiml8

Postby doktor5000 » Feb 10th, '20, 19:26

Also, what particular update did you install that slowed your system to a crawl ? rpm -qa --last can help you match the timestamp with the installed updates.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby dwhite » Feb 12th, '20, 13:33

I must admit I sidestepped the problem by replacing the Graphics card with an ASUS GeForce GT 710. I just didn't feel comfortable with the number of error messages on boot that happen before the desktop. They've gone now so I can't post them. All I can definitely say is my system Froze after installing some updates
Last edited by dwhite on Feb 17th, '20, 10:10, edited 2 times in total.
dwhite

Postby doktor5000 » Feb 12th, '20, 18:16

Please mark the thread accordingly by editing the topic of the first post and prefix it by [DONE], thanks
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby dwhite » Feb 13th, '20, 15:51

[Doone]I've sidestepped it isn't resolved the system doesn't freeze it's just going a very little slower than it should. it has got 16Mbytes of Ram
dwhite

Return to Basic support