screen blocker is broken... execute loginctl....

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

screen blocker is broken... execute loginctl....

Postby vincentm77 » Oct 16th, '19, 21:19

Hi everyone,

I am using Plasma on Mageia7.

Everytime my screen gets locked (e.g. after I leave my computer for 10 min), I get a black screen and the message that
"The screen blocker is broken and unlocking is not possible anymore. Blablabla..."
Then I have to login in a virtual terminal and execute the command
Code: Select all
loginctl unlock-session c4

Is this a bug ?
Has anybody the same issue ?

The screen blocker used to work fine, I think this issue begun to occur after to updates...

Thanks
Vincent
vincentm77

Re: screen blocker is broken... execute loginctl....

Postby doktor5000 » Oct 17th, '19, 07:15

Hi there, this is the first report for this issue I'm seeing.

When you lock your session, then switch to another tty and check journalctl, can you please post a log excerpt ?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby vmunich » Jan 1st, '20, 19:17

Has anybody had this issue ?!
I have...
Vincent
--
Mandrake since 1998, then Mandriva, then Mageia....
vmunich

Postby wintpe » Jan 10th, '20, 00:38

this is actualy quite common , at least for me.
it happens usualy during a large update, due to a screen lock happening during the update,
but because the upgraded componants have not been restarted, there exists a mismatch to whats on disk and whats in memory.
(whether thats an acurate way of describing this or not, the net effect is the same)
if you have upgraded some kde componants but have not fully rebooted, or at least restarted the desktop then id suggest you do and if my expirience of this common update issue is correct it should resolve it.
regards peter
Redhat 6 Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Sometimes my posts will sound short, or snappy, however its realy not my intention to offend, so accept my apologies in advance.
wintpe

Postby wirefox » Feb 8th, '20, 17:35

Had the same problem during a reinstall, I just followed the on screen instructions which worked perfectly, Mageia OS is a class act
Last edited by isadora on Feb 8th, '20, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote; as a golden rule quoting the last comment is not appropriate.
wirefox

Return to Basic support