[SOLVED] Which software repositories for 6.1

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[SOLVED] Which software repositories for 6.1

Postby egc » Mar 27th, '19, 13:49

Hi, i wonder which media sources i should use for 6.1, those for 6 (as the package manager chooses automatically) or those for 6.1?
I noticed there is a little difference in packages, for example the 6 has Libreoffice 6.1.x, the 6.1 has Libreoffice 5.3.x ...
Thanks!
egc
Last edited by doktor5000 on Mar 28th, '19, 19:02, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: marked as solved
egc

Re: Which media sources for 6.1

Postby doktor5000 » Mar 27th, '19, 18:51

You are referring to software repositories?

If so, there are no 6.1 repositories. Mageia 6.1 is just a snapshot of Mageia 6 including all updates. Quoting the download page:

Live Media and Network Installation Media have been updated to support new hardware. They are called Mageia 6.1 release to distinguish them from the original Mageia 6 release. Use these if the original Mageia 6 iso images are unable to boot on your hardware, or if you would like more up-to-date software while running in live mode. Please take a look in the documentation for the appropriate media.There's no need to reinstall if you have Mageia 6 installed and already have the latest updates installed.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Re: Which software repositories for 6.1

Postby egc » Mar 27th, '19, 21:21

ok, thanks!
yes i was referring to software repositories. i edited the subject in the original post accordingly.
egc

Re: Which software repositories for 6.1

Postby doktor5000 » Mar 28th, '19, 19:02

Ok, I've marked the thread as [SOLVED] accordingly.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Basic support