[DONE]Nextcloud client error

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

[DONE]Nextcloud client error

Postby mackowiakp » Mar 19th, '19, 19:18

When I run Nextcloud client at KDE start, client disappear after several minutes. So I run it manually from console and got such error:

[26192:26259:0319/180357.997527:ERROR:cert_verify_proc_nss.cc(918)]CERT_PKIXVerifyCert for mackowiakp.myqnapcloud.com failed err=-8172

Client work properly but after several minutes "Memory segmentation fault" is display on console. Client disappear of course Does anybody help me to resolve that problem? Client version is 2.5.0, the newest available in M6 repo.
Last edited by mackowiakp on Mar 20th, '19, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
Linux is like wigwam. No Windows, no Gates but Apache inside

WARNING ! The administrator has the right to refuse to install WINDOWS, invoking the conscience clause
mackowiakp

Re: Nextcloud client error

Postby jiml8 » Mar 19th, '19, 19:41

What happens if you just restart it?

I have been having a problem with that client on KDE startup. The client wants to log in, though I have 2 factor authentication running on my nextcloud server and I have enabled the nextcloud client app with an app token so login is supposed to be automatic.

I just let KDE finish startup, complete those startup procedures that I need to complete manually, then kill the nextcloud client. I restart it, and it comes up properly, logged in using its app token.

Why? Dunno.

But try just restarting it and see what happens.
jiml8

Postby mackowiakp » Mar 19th, '19, 20:01

But on all other PC`s it work properly. But on only one PC the cilent kill itself after KDE boot. I restart it from kind of cron watchdog script. But it is not the way it should work.

WARNING ! The administrator has the right to refuse to install WINDOWS, invoking the conscience clause
mackowiakp

Postby doktor5000 » Mar 20th, '19, 08:41

You should take a look at https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Debugging_software_crashes then get a backtrace and submit that upstream, in case there are no similar reports open.

Although there are similar reports:
https://github.com/nextcloud/desktop/issues/838
https://github.com/nextcloud/desktop/issues/441
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby mackowiakp » Mar 20th, '19, 12:14

I found out workaround. Just run instead original Mageia client ver 2.5.0, I use AppImage of client ver 2.5.2 taken from here:
https://download.nextcloud.com/desktop/releases/Linux/
So far no Segmentation fault. Of course it was necessary to turn of autostart of M6 client and add autostart of thet new client.
But still is another problem, so I will create new topic. So far DONE.

mackowiakp

Return to Basic support