Need an audio solution

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

Need an audio solution

Postby victornguyen » Mar 4th, '19, 17:52

I am hoping someone can help me with a small project I'm working on. I have decided to put the backup server in my bedroom closet to better use. Specifically, I have purchased a small 3.1 speaker system and will be connecting it to that server. The plan is to play the music on my media server over that backup server. And I'd like to control that server with my iPad mini. This is a whole lot more complicated that you would imagine, but it looked like I could run a VLC server on either the media server or the backup server directly and control that via a web interface on the iPad.
At this point, I can get VLC's web interface running on the media server, but I can't access it from any other device. I don't know a whole lot about the VLC http server, but over the past 2 hours, I've beaten my head against it quite solidly, and as I said, while I can get to it by localhost (and by hostname from that machine), I can't access it from any other device.
Any wisdom out there? Am I just barking up the wrong tree on this and need to dump vlc for some other application?
victornguyen

Re: Need an audio solution

Postby ITA84 » Mar 6th, '19, 12:43

Have you checked if there's a firewall up blocking connections from outside? I think by default the Mageia firewall blocks all inbound connections
ITA84

Return to Basic support