nextcloud client: how to login automatically (=save password

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

nextcloud client: how to login automatically (=save password

Postby vincentm77 » Jan 8th, '19, 22:55

Hi everyone,

I use nextcloud (client 2.5.0 x86_64) in order to synchronize some files between my Mageia6 laptop and a Nextcloud server.

Nextcloud used to briefly ask me for a password every time I opened a session (LXDE, KDE)...

Now (after various Mageia updates), each time I start a session I need to provide my Nextcloud unsername, password, and I have to click several time in order to grant access to my client...

Ideally I would like the client to remember username and password and start synchronizing each time I start a session.

Any idea ?

Thank you
Vincent
vincentm77

Re: nextcloud client: how to login automatically (=save pass

Postby xboxboy » Jan 9th, '19, 04:27

I had some client issues a while back https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12027

But I dont' think that's what you're experiencing.

Which desktop is affected by this?
xboxboy

Postby vincentm77 » Jan 9th, '19, 23:00

Thank you xboxboy but no, the topic you mentioned is different from the subject of my question.

V
vincentm77

Postby mackowiakp » Mar 20th, '19, 18:06

I think integration with kwallet I use, resolve that problem.
Linux is like wigwam. No Windows, no Gates but Apache inside

WARNING ! The administrator has the right to refuse to install WINDOWS, invoking the conscience clause
mackowiakp

Return to Basic support