drakdisk crash

This forum is dedicated to basic help and support :

Ask here your questions about basic installation and usage of Mageia. For example you may post here all your questions about getting Mageia isos and installing it, configuring your printer, using your word processor etc.

Try to ask your questions in the right sub-forum with as much details as you can gather. the more precise the question will be, the more likely you are to get a useful answer

drakdisk crash

Postby wildlynx » Dec 29th, '18, 01:26

Hi!

[MAGEIA 5 x64]

I have a problem:
drakdisk crashes with those messages:

Ignore the following Glib::Object::Introspection & Gtk3 warnings
Too late to run INIT block at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Glib/Object/Introspection.pm line 257.
Subroutine Gtk3::main redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.1/Gtk3.pm line 296.
mkdir: error creating directory /proc/bus/usb: No such file or directory

Also, drakboot crashes, when invoked from Mageia Control Center:

The "drakboot" program has crashed with the following error:

mkdir: error creating directory /proc/bus/usb: No such file or directory
...propagated at /usr/libexec/drakboot line 64.
Perl's trace:
drakbug::bug_handler() called from /usr/libexec/drakboot:64

Looks like /proc/bus/usb was moved by newest kernels, and utilites do not know.
Any suggestions?
wildlynx

Re: drakdisk crash

Postby jiml8 » Dec 29th, '18, 07:57

Right now I have 3 linux instances running; my host which is Mageia 6 running kernel 4.14.89-desktop-1.mga6, a Mint 18 instance running 4.4.0-139-generic, and an OpenSUSE Leap 15 instance with 4.12.14-lp150.12.25-default. None of them have a /proc/bus/usb directory or file. This does not change when I add or remove USB devices that are accessible by these VMs, and there are several USB devices connected to the Mageia 6 host.

For grins, I fired up a Mageia 4 VM instance running 3.14.43-desktop-1.mga4 and it also does not have an entry /proc/bus/usb.

So, while I cannot tell you what your problem is, I can tell you that what you suggest is not accurate and you should look elsewhere.
jiml8

Postby doktor5000 » Dec 31st, '18, 16:29

/proc/bus/usb has been deprecated for ages. FWIW, it's just a pseudo-filesystem of type usbfs which basically mounts /proc/bus/usb on top of itself, similar to how tmpfs or devtmpfs work.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby wildlynx » Dec 31st, '18, 18:37

I probably not tried to re-partition the disks for ages - since the times when Mageia 5 was installed.
wildlynx

Return to Basic support